Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2018 "Unable to open C:\... \Mastercam.KMP"... but the file is there!

Hi guys,

Has anyone come across this one before?  A customer of mine has had Mcam 2018 lose it's keyboard shortcuts (this was after some error messages came up this morning on startup which he didn't note down)... even F9 or ALT-F1 don't work.  If we take a look in the CONFIG folder under his user login, the KMP file is in the right place, but if we go to the Customize Keyboard window in Mastercam, there are no keyboard shortcuts assigned for any function.

We pressed Reset All in that assignments window and we get "Unable to open C:\users\<<user folder>>\my mcam 2018\config\Mastercam.kmp.  The file is there and we confirmed that folder path is correct (comparing the folder path in the error message to the folder path for 2018 in Windows)  I then sent him 2018 WORKSPACE & KMP files from my own PC, shut down Mastercam, replaced the existing files (which to my mind rules out an issue with folder permissions), restarted Mastercam but the same error message came up when we tried to hit Reset All on the keyboard shortcuts.

I then found the "default" KMP on his own computer under C:\program files\Mcam2018\common\userdefaults\config\.  We copied that file into the correct location, tried Reset All again but got the same error message.  I am now stumped!