Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tt_count$ mystery - logic for tools called up more than once

Can someone explain the logic behind the enhanced tool table variable tt_count$.  If the tool is not called up, tt_count$ = 0, if the tool is called up for the first time, tt_count$ = 1, but if a tool is called up more than once, the tt_count$ will be some random number and not what I thought. If I called up a tool twice (not back to back), I'll get tt_count$ = 6. when I was expecting 2.   Why?

If it represented the actual number a tool was used, logic for sequence numbers would be a lot easier as compared to buffer files or lookup tables. Our shop likes to have a tool sheet that has a unique N number to search for representing not just the tool but the specific time the tool was called up. Buffer files work and I use them but I'm thinking that if I go to the enhanced tool tables for new posts, the logic would be more readable. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks! I may have to experiment with stack (have not used it before) as currently I'm using a lookup table which is simple in logic and fine for machines with 30 or less pockets but when you have a horizontal with 330 pockets...yikes!