Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Check Holder - absolute minimum stickout

SlaveCam

I try to get the absolute minimum stickout where the holder nut will touch the upper surface, which is 87 millimeters in the picture below. However using Check Holder I keep getting 88.27231. Resolution is 0.01, tolerance 0.025, holder and shank clearance are zero. Operation is Drill/Counterbore without tip comp

Where does the 88.27231 come from?

image.png.6bcfa3ead417089ce3c29e96bd323be9.png

It is the Tolerance!   Your Resolution is ignored if it is less than your Tolerance.   (I didn't know this until I looked with the debugger...)   The processing code reverts back to 1.25mm resolution.    I have submitted this as D-45483.  As a work-around, set your Tolerance to just less than your 0.01 Resolution (I used 0.009).  You will notice that the processing takes longer.  The answer I got was 87.01775.     Thank you for reporting this.

• Like 1