Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setting up defaults for Machine Sim and Setup Sheets

Corey Hampshire

Is there a way to set the default setup sheet and default machine to use in machine sim so that every time I  load a specific machine those two things are set for me automatically? It seems there should be a way to tie them into a machine def setting or something along those lines. Those are two items that I have to set every part I do, and I feel like there should be a better way. 

34 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Is there a way to set the default setup sheet and default machine to use in machine sim so that every time I  load a specific machine those two things are set for me automatically? It seems there should be a way to tie them into a machine def setting or something along those lines. Those are two items that I have to set every part I do, and I feel like there should be a better way. 

Setup Sheet should be tied to your Machine, through the Control Definition File. When you load a MD, it will reference the Setup Sheet assigned on the Files Page of the CD.

I'm not sure about the Machine Simulation default.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Thanks Colin. I found where to set the setup sheet. Now all I need to do is figure out where to set the Machine Sim Default and I will be all set.

You can set a "Default Machine" in System Configuration. However, I think you only get 1 default machine.

As a Work-Around, you could setup multiple Configuration Files. Then, you could create individual "Mastercam Icons" on your Desktop, and could assign a 'Different Config File' to each Icon. That way, you could launch Mastercam, and pull up a new "Default Machine Simulation Machine"...

1 hour ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Well that sounds like an easy solution. Most of my programming is usually for one machine here, so I would only need to create two icons. I am going to look into the default machine in the system config and see what I can figure out.

The other option (instead of having to restart Mastercam with an Icon), is to just create two identical Configuration Files, with the only difference being the Default Simulation Machine. Then inside Mastercam, just select the other Configuration file. That should change the Default Mach Sim Machine...