Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup Sheet

Walid Naim

Can the general information of the setup sheet be saved within the program it self? 

image.png.fa9403ba4937dde008cc500c4525ead2.png

Every time I start a new file or open an old program, the setup info is from what was entered previously and not the info for job it self.  In other words, I have to keep typing in the info every time because Mastercam does not save it within.

19 hours ago, Walid Naim said:

Can the general information of the setup sheet be saved within the program it self? 

image.png.fa9403ba4937dde008cc500c4525ead2.png

Every time I start a new file or open an old program, the setup info is from what was entered previously and not the info for job it self.  In other words, I have to keep typing in the info every time because Mastercam does not save it within.

I've wondered the same thing many times.   We have a nice AR setup sheet we've created, but every time I need to browse for the template, input the information again.  It's a bit frustrating.

3 hours ago, Walid Naim said:

Hi CEMENTHEAD,

Thanks for the reply.  Can you be a little more specific about .SET file?  Can I still use the same setup sheet that I have just saving in a different format or a completely new set of files?

.set file setup sheets are a completely different animal from Active Reports.  The Set files are actually generated by a special post processor.  

If you are comfortable editing posts, then you can modify the setup sheet to suit your needs.  I haven't looked at Set file setup sheets in a long time, but it used to be that they are primarily text.

22 hours ago, Walid Naim said:

It's been a while since I messed with Active Reports, but there is a active reports launcher.

You can automatically open this through the Ops Manager RMB or as a stand alone launcher on your task bar. You also need to set your MD/CD to read active reports and your config file.

Open your part file, right click in the ops manager select set up sheet or tool list and it will read and compile all the .XML tags in your Active Report for the program you have open and generate the appropriate file.

There is plenty of documentation out there to set this up. Helps if you have active maintenance which gives you access to Mastercam's Knowledge base. There are some good You Tube vids which cover it as well.

I am using the .Set tool lists and set up sheets at the moment as I have some special functions going on, but if I were to return to Active Reports I would probably use John Varco and his Varco Reports service. Highly functional and VERY reasonably priced.

• Like 3