Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Camplete Plugin for 2022

Programinator

2 hours ago, Programinator said:

Is there not a plugin yet for this.  I been working on a part for a while in 2022 and i just realized that it seems as though there is no plugin.  Am i wrong?

Mastercam was slow rolling out the SDK. CAMplete got it Thursday June 10th.

This is why I'm still running Mastercam 2021. Once the CAMplete plug-in hits, Mastercam 2022 is all I'll have then.

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Emphasis mine.

#FALSE!!!

They still have HSMWorks. Outsiders have been claiming that it's death is immenent for years. So no. Not "all" @JParis

The last time I looked, which was a couple of years ago, the only way to get HSMWorks for Solidworks was to subscribe to a pricey manufacturing suite

A stand alone HSMWorks for Solidworks was not available.

I do not know how AD is treating the HSWWorks people who owned it when AD ate them

• Like 1
8 hours ago, gcode said:

Named user subscriptions

Looks OK, but the devil is in the details

This isn't a good deal if you have more than 2 people using a single network license 

...and what if they leave etc etc...

I'd be having a name such as Eng Ineering and Man Ufacturing, or Initials only of the company name.

If they won't accept that, John Doe...

• Like 1

Catia V6 does this and it's really hampered it's adoption by industry

Our  dealer said the reason for it was cradle to grave accountability for Catia documents

That may be true, but it has certainly increased the cost of ownership

We have one seat of SpaceClaim on a network license and one network license

Programmers us it for file conversions, estimators and planners use it to look at models

We probably have a dozen people who use it occasionally

Named user licensing would be unaffordable for what we use it for 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gcode said:

Catia V6 does this and it's really hampered it's adoption by industry

Our  dealer said the reason for it was cradle to grave accountability for Catia documents

That may be true, but it has certainly increased the cost of ownership

We have one seat of SpaceClaim on a network license and one network license

Programmers us it for file conversions, estimators and planners use it to look at models

We probably have a dozen people who use it occasionally

Named user licensing would be unaffordable for what we use it for 

I wonder if you could setup a single Engineering Workstation with a Public Username and Password, and then have each user access the system using Remote Desktop? 

7 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

I wonder if you could setup a single Engineering Workstation with a Public Username and Password, and then have each user access the system using Remote Desktop? 

Depending on the work you do, no...

We're being held to some pretty tight security standards and every user must have their own login/password for DOD work

• Like 1

Regarding the Named User... the best way to handle it is  to create a single user account for AD purposes. When each user is done with their session, log out of the account (same function as unplugging the USB.) then the next user uses the same login credentials, and works on their project.

Hardware security WILL be going away for all software packages eventually. Anyone notice the number of USB ports is shrinking? I only have 3 on my Dell Precision 7750. Down from like 6 on my last rig. I had to buy a USB-C to USB hub because I've got 4 USB Keys I use on the regular. (3D Connexion, FANUC NC Guide, Mastercam and CAMplete). I probably won't be using my CAMplete key much after November.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:25 PM, JParis said:

uMMM

NSaqXS0.png

You said "ALL" John. That is just not accurate. Some or most... not all.

20 hours ago, Greg Williams said:

Exactly that, if one PC has 2 users then you need 2 licenses, one for each user logon as far as I understand

I know of some companies where there are 5 to 10 users on some of the workstations for specialized use of certain machines or they have cross trained different people for certain applications. All of them are sharing one seat of Mastercam and that would mean they have to purchase 4 more seats if they could get the 2 for 1 deal if they didn't then 9 more seats will be needed. People accepted the free and then low pay to get in with Autodesk now they are stuck. No worries you have until 2028 to make some serious decisions of course if they don't change things before then. They do have that disclaimer stating it can change at any time and not a thing you can do about it since they are Autodesk. They are awesome though so you do get the hip factor thing going on working in the hip groovy area of Manufacturing being part of the awesomeness that is Autodesk.

AUTODESK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, SUSPEND OR MODIFY PART OR THIS OFFER AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, FOR ANY REASON IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. PRICES FOR AUTODESK SOFTWARE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND MAY VARY BY COUNTRY.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, crazy^millman said:

They do have that disclaimer stating it can change at any time and not a thing you can do about it...

Really no different from any other software company's EULA boiler plate stuff. :coffee:

EVERY software EULA can be bolied down to this if we're being honest;

You own nothing. You are responsible for everything. We are responsible for nothing. Suck it up butter cup.. and pay your maintenance. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2