Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screen back ground colors

DavidB

Hi guys I've been using MC since V6.2 so I'm old school when it comes to having a Black background graphics color.

I just installed 2022 and thought I'd play with the graphic screen background colors.

Can you guys show me some of your background screens, and what colors you use?

Cheers

• Like 2

Black background is the easiest on the eyes and uses the least energy as there are no pixels lit up,IMHO.  I have setup an icon to instantly change to the gradient background, but I have never used it. The gradient background is more futuristic, but I don't live in Hollywood :)

Gracjan

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just changed to the default gradient a few months ago after using black for.. decades? A couple engineers here who use solidworks and inventor commented on my black background was "too dark" or something so I decided to move over from the dark side and see what it was like.

I honestly don't seem to have a preference. I just don't care. It's obviously a big difference from one to the other, but I can't seem to make myself pick one over the other. Doesn't matter to me. 

Bright white would drive me nuts though. I'd have to wear sunglasses! Other than that... meh... whatever..

5 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Verisurf free tools screen shot automatically converts the screen captures to a white background and opens them in MS Paint.

Where can this add on be found?

MC print makes the background white but to open in paint with a white background is cool.

Been using MC for just over a year now. Way back in the last century, I was trained to not use a color that may be used as geometry for the background i.e. Black. Using a Gradient is always best because many items are using black as a display color. I don't care much about the color, I just adapt to the setting as sent. That said, I'm trying a darker background now. Not sure how I'll like it yet.

31 minutes ago, altamontmfg said:

Been using MC for just over a year now. Way back in the last century, I was trained to not use a color that may be used as geometry for the background i.e. Black. Using a Gradient is always best because many items are using black as a display color. I don't care much about the color, I just adapt to the setting as sent. That said, I'm trying a darker background now. Not sure how I'll like it yet.

For me....black is the best because of eye strain. I'd be in front of the box for 12>15 hr days, back in the day.

And mornings/evenings were the best for my eyes - lights off in the office and the brightness turned down on the monitor.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2021 at 1:04 PM, Flycut said:

Like playing chess blindfolded?

The majority of legacy programs at my present work consist of 1 level, anything up to a hundred or so (mainly useless) entities.........in color 10......

Luckily they are fairly easy to fix.....I mean re-file.