Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

flow line

KMartin

2 hours ago, KMartin said:

Hi everyone - How do you change the color of the direction of machining in flow line . Its the same color as background and not able to see the vectors . Thanks for the help 

Use a Gradient Background. 

Start Gradient Color > Black

End Gradient Color > Dark Blue

I haven't seen a Color setting in Mastercam for the Flowline Parameters. But I have also moved away from using Flowline for most surfacing, because Blend gives better results and more path options. 

11 hours ago, KMartin said:

Hi everyone - How do you change the color of the direction of machining in flow line . Its the same color as background and not able to see the vectors . Thanks for the help 

If you use Flowline rarely you can go into your config and change your background to a color that will show your vectors. If you don't save the config it will go back to the saved color on your next session. If you use it a lot, make the color change and save the config as "Flowline".

Can you make the flowline UV individually adjustable for each solid surface?? Copying surfaces to make flowline adjustments seems like the long way around. I don't have an issue seeing the lines, just with the way they point, when there is a conflict, which almost always, the toolpath fails.

1 hour ago, altamontmfg said:

Can you make the flowline UV individually adjustable for each solid surface?? Copying surfaces to make flowline adjustments seems like the long way around. I don't have an issue seeing the lines, just with the way they point, when there is a conflict, which almost always, the toolpath fails.

I thought I had read that this would be possible in 2022, but it doesn't seem to be.

1 hour ago, altamontmfg said:

Directly editing the UV of individual solid faces is unfortunately not possible. You'll have to make Surfaces from Solids first, then use Edit UV or Reflow UV to change the UV flowlines to your desired pattern. 

• Like 1