Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis Pocketing Containment

Shiva.aero

2 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Yes, that is my channel.

My guess with the 5-Axis training content from Mastercam (and this is only a guess on my part), is that CNC Software is being mindful of United States Export Control Restrictions. There are technologies (5-Axis) which the US Government does not allow to be exported to several countries. [Iran, North Korea, Etc.]

My other thought is simply; they aren't giving this training away for free, because they want to earn revenue on that training content.

I am mainly self-taught on driving 5-Axis Toolpaths. I had some training on using the Curve 5-Axis path, Multi-surf, and 5X Flowline. But all of the Moduleworks Multi-Axis paths I've learned by reading the Moduleworks Help File, and from the posts and members of this Forum.

Karlo Apro also published a decent book on 5-Axis, called (appropriately) "Secrets of 5-Axis Machining". That is also a good resource for learning.

Check out Mastercam's Signature Part Series on YouTube. That is another great learning resource. 

Nice!

But we have an active license and active SMC! Is it not accessible to those with active SMC?!

I read that book! Ok thank you very much for the inputs!

1 hour ago, Shiva.aero said:

Nice!

But we have an active license and active SMC! Is it not accessible to those with active SMC?!

I read that book! Ok thank you very much for the inputs!

You'd have to ask someone at CNC Software. I don't believe Software Maintenance covers subscription-based Training courses.

If you want to get better at CNC Programming (for any machine type), you should get a copy of this book also:

CNC Programming using Fanuc Custom Macro B

by; S.K. Sinha

While it doesn't cover creating Toolpaths, the information is so important if you want to understand how your machine works "in the background". Plus, it is a perfect introduction to "on-machine Probing" systems, which all use Macro B to perform math calculations, and to read/write macro variables.

• Like 1
On 7/11/2021 at 1:37 AM, Shiva.aero said:

In our official MC university account (which is linked to the License), there is no access to the latest Multiaxis tutorials. It shows message that to contact reseller for the access. But my reseller says that since it is made free to all because of corona lockdown , some advanced contents are taken down by MC and that only after the end of free access we can get the full access! Why it is so? What can I do to get the full access?

Thank you!

Hi Shiva,

The Multiaxis Course on Mastercam University is available to purchase through your reseller at any time. There is no reason you should not be able to purchase access to those courses today. If you are still having trouble after talking with your reseller again, please send me a private message and we can work it out.

In addition to the purchasable Multiaxis Course, Mastercam University is currently offering Mill 2D, 3D, and Lathe courses for free. This does not restrict or change any other Mastercam University content, but is simply a way of opening up a large amount of intro courses for people to learn with while they are at home during this pandemic.

• Like 2