Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DMG MORI NTX2000 Millturn

jean

Good morning group, I have recently started  new position in which I have to program these Mill Turns and I have been task to develop setup paper work, which is not that difficult to do but I would appreciate some feedback. in addition we are using Sandvik Modular tooling.. Main Spindle is a C6 and turret tools are C4

1. We have a machine simulator and post processor thru Mastercam and this is my dilemma, the tools in the simulator don't match actual tools we are using.
  2. I know we can import the mounting blocks and attach them to the turret using control definition but  cant get the the head that attaches to the block.
  3. we are trying to mimic the exact set up on the simulator as the machine it self... is that even possible?? We run thru simulation and no issues with the current process but when we go out to prove it we may run into some clearance  issues because tools don't exactly match simulation.
  4. What the best setup documents can can be implemented?

Thanks in advance,:wallbash:

code1.PNG

CONTROL DEF1.PNG

CONTROL DEF2.PNG

CONTROL DEF3.PNG

CONTROL DEF4.PNG

CONTROL DEF5.PNG

CONTROL DEF6.PNG

Is this an MT environment?

44 minutes ago, jean said:

we are trying to mimic the exact set up on the simulator as the machine it self... is that even possible?? We run thru simulation and no issues with the current process but when we go out to prove it we may run into some clearance  issues because tools don't exactly match simulation.

Is this an MT environment?

1 minute ago, crazy^millman said:

It is my understanding that your dealer can provide this support. If not then get a hold of the Post team at CNC Software to make the changes.

Thank you, I'm currently waiting on feedback form reseller. Just wanted to post on here to see if anyone encountered issues similar to this.

1 minute ago, jean said:

Thank you, I'm currently waiting on feedback form reseller. Just wanted to post on here to see if anyone encountered issues similar to this.

Well I was part of the original development 11 years ago so I still remember some of the ways to go about doing this, but defer this stuff back to that side that way everyone is on the same page.

Your reseller should definitely be the first point of contact here. A little training on tool and locator setup from them and you should be good to go for this and any future tooling. If you still have questions left that they can't answer after training, please feel free to send me a message and I'll make sure you get whatever you need.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Well I was part of the original development 11 years ago so I still remember some of the ways to go about doing this, but defer this stuff back to that side that way everyone is on the same page.

Thank you sir.

2 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Your reseller should definitely be the first point of contact here. A little training on tool and locator setup from them and you should be good to go for this and any future tooling. If you still have questions left that they can't answer after training, please feel free to send me a message and I'll make sure you get whatever you need.

Thank you sir.

2 hours ago, jean said:

Thanks for all the help on this matter, I have resolved the issues surrounding this  topic.

Thank you.

This is great to hear. Are you able to post a picture of the "updated" Mill-Turn Simulator, so we can see what the "fix" looks like? (I'm pretty sure I know what it would look like, but it might be beneficial for other Mastercam users on our forum to see how closely the new Simulator matches "the real world".)

6 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

This is great to hear. Are you able to post a picture of the "updated" Mill-Turn Simulator, so we can see what the "fix" looks like? (I'm pretty sure I know what it would look like, but it might be beneficial for other Mastercam users on our forum to see how closely the new Simulator matches "the real world".)

Yes sir, I will do that.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

So with some sweat equity and aid from reseller i was able to understand the workflow and process to achieve desired result. and here is what the turret looks like now.

Thanks everyone for the help.

3D TOOLS ON TURRET.PNG

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Jayson Kramer-CNC Software said:

It was looking as you did not have the proper locators in the GMD so your dealer added the new locators and showed you how to make sure you have the proper selected ones correct?

I wasn't sure how the process of installing the locators thru code expert.. But I found a video on line that referenced the process.. My reseller also made a high-level video that touched base on this process but they left some stuff out that was causing me problems..

for example:

1. when bringing in blocks that are the same they name to be named differently so otherwise they don't come in  and are not visible when you try to view components and children.
  2. when making a change to the locator in the "components library".. for example how many  stations or station orientation and save it you have to go into Mastercam and delete old locator under lower Machine tooling Set up and reassign the new one that was updated/modified if you don't it wont update the locator. So under the (tool setup manager) the link between ""holder" and "Component library" are good but the link is broken when you move holder to "Machine Tool Setup"
  3. And I had issues generation the 3D tools but got that figured out. only thing I don't like is the insert that always download with tool models are .030 radius and I have to model the .015 and .008 inserts.. or do  I even have to do that?

I'm sorry if my explanation doesn't make since, I'm new with dealing with this environment and one of the companies main issue is they didn't have tools represented correctly at the spindle or turret to find possible collisions.   

hopefully I make some since.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, jean said:

If I have more question about the same machine but different issue, should I start a new thread or keep it going here?

Probably keep it going in here. You've already got a ton of great information, and your questions are still about the same machine, and how to use the Mill-Turn Product. I would recommend that you create a "linked account" over on the Official Mastercam Forums (www.Mastercam.com), as that forum is a direct-link to the folks at CNC Software.

It is great that Jay Kraymer has chimed in (Hi Jay!), so hopefully he'll be able to help you sort out your issues. The nice thing about doing it in this thread > everyone else who reads it gets the benefit of the questions and answers.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Probably keep it going in here. You've already got a ton of great information, and your questions are still about the same machine, and how to use the Mill-Turn Product. I would recommend that you create a "linked account" over on the Official Mastercam Forums (www.Mastercam.com), as that forum is a direct-link to the folks at CNC Software.

It is great that Jay Kraymer has chimed in (Hi Jay!), so hopefully he'll be able to help you sort out your issues. The nice thing about doing it in this thread > everyone else who reads it gets the benefit of the questions and answers.

I don't know if I did it right but I took a crack at it.. Went to mastercam.com and dropped a link to this thread and added a comment and posted it on the official Mastercam Forum.. that's the only way I see to link this. if their is another way I don't know how to do it.

Thank you,