Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Rotary doing opposite

craney

Hello to all. I am drilling pipe and shafts in an older Haas VF4 with a Haas HRT210 rotary head. If I am looking from the tail end and program it to drill a hole at 10 O'clock it drills it at 2 O'clock instead. Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and is there something i can do to fix it other than a custom post?

Thank you all,

MIke.  

2 hours ago, craney said:

Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and is there something i can do to fix it other than a custom post?

Depends on how you are generating your planes.

Note that when you rotate the plane, you are not driving the cutter, the cutter drives relative to the plane rotation. 

So if you generate a -60 degree plane rotation you will get +60 degrees of cutter path.

What post are you using? Most generally available posts operate like this (MPMASTER and CNC posts) out of the box, so you could check your post settings against a "fresh" copy.

As altamontmfg says you can reverse the head direction, but maybe this has been done and that's what is causing the problem, or it could be a parameter in the machine as rotation direction can be controlled here too.

Best to check everything and set the machine up without fudging anything to make it work, that way you won't get any surprises down the road.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:11 AM, craney said:

Hello to all. I am drilling pipe and shafts in an older Haas VF4 with a Haas HRT210 rotary head. If I am looking from the tail end and program it to drill a hole at 10 O'clock it drills it at 2 O'clock instead. Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and is there something i can do to fix it other than a custom post?

Thank you all,

MIke.  

On 7/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, altamontmfg said:

YOU CAN FLIP THE ROTARY DIRECTION IN THE MACHINE DEFINITION

altamontmfg is correct, please see below:

1946683618_rotary1.thumb.png.bb03d159ecbe5f95e4ad001410c4b870.png1860289795_rotary2.thumb.png.a9dc9b783344f2a048cbe3af7ffa6d5f.png

• Like 2