Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surfacing with rotation

You are most likely going to have to break that down into different plane rotations and 3D finish areas and blend them...

You really need multi-axs to run a simultaneous rotation like that...some can be accomplished with rolldie and such but that's a different beast.

You know what the taper is? You could use Contour with a ball endmill if you figure out the tangential spacing needed for the ball endmill to then using Axis Sub and the taper with a depth of cut down to cheat a 4 Axis surfacing toolpath. Would have to do the ends in a 3+1 still using a surfacing toolpath, but here is a sample file showing what I am talking about. This was how I did it with Pencil and Paper years ago. I would figure out the Angle needed and then work out the 1st move and 2nd move back. I would then make that my sub program. The repeat call was used and I would call that sub program the number of times I needed to make my complex multiaxis cuts. Parts like this are real easy to do with some basic math. Now this sample is over cutting into the Radius so that means I would have to either modify the code by hand to stop that or I would draw each step. I went ahead and did that also and showed how to use unrolled and rolled geometry to make a multi axis toolpath using this method. I even through in some Dynamic 4 Axis roughing like I was doing back in X7 on 5 axis machines.

2021 Mastercam File

2022 Mastercam File

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Eric Honeycutt said:

I don't have internet on the shop computer. I appreciate your input.!!

When you get home download it to a usb and then take it into the shop to review what I did. You can also download the 2021 HLE version of Mastercam on your home computer and review what I did that way. A lot of good information in that file and hopefully you can get it downloaded to review it. If not send me an email and I will be glad to email you a copy.

[email protected]