Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool starts from wrong position

Alien

Hi guys,

I have some strange problem, may be some one can help me. In attached file, problem is op #51. When I run verify (side_1) , all works correct , but  running simulation I receive message about collision in op#51. In real time this collision don't exist. In Mastercam 2021 and Mastercam 2022 same result. Thank very much for any help.

Tool starts from wrong position op51.ZIP

5 hours ago, Alien said:

Hi guys,

I have some strange problem, may be some one can help me. In attached file, problem is op #51. When I run verify (side_1) , all works correct , but  running simulation I receive message about collision in op#51. In real time this collision don't exist. In Mastercam 2021 and Mastercam 2022 same result. Thank very much for any help.

Tool starts from wrong position op51.ZIP

Go to OP 50 and set a retract ref point at 50mm incrementally in Z and your issue will go away. Far as the software knows you are going from the 2mm height of the last pass right to the next tool. By putting in the ref point you are telling the software you are not doing such a thing. You don't have anything tied to the NC code or a post and since it is not kinematic aware it can only take what you give it and make the determination it is to say there might be a problem here. Agree not a real problem, but where sometimes we have help the software along. Once I did that and ran the verify and machine simulation that issue went away.

BTW nice work and process flow to machine that part. I think maybe 10 people will even bother to read this topic and not sure how many even bother to download your file. Great example of how to make a part in one setup on a dovetail. You defined all your holders, labeled all your operations and defined your levels. I would strongly suggest looking at Viewsheets to help you improve your programming time. I fought them for years and now when I open a file with more than one operation and don't see one I am lost. They are a huge time saver and help you in the long run.

Not sure if you are doing it, but I would make your OP2 jig fit on your 28mm Dovetail and then you can keep the same setup if you're limited to one machine without having to tear down the setup. I would then make a copy of your level 100 and position it in place and then you are fully defined through your setups.

Thank you for sharing the file and I will be using it for teaching others methods and ways to machine parts. You shared it on the forum so it has been archived in my Part Library. :respect:

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

I think maybe 10 people will even bother to read this topic and not sure how many even bother to download your file.

I tried but it would not let me open it in 2022. I don't know if that counts as 'not bothering' or not...🤐

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Go to OP 50 and set a retract ref point at 50mm incrementally in Z and your issue will go away. Far as the software knows you are going from the 2mm height of the last pass right to the next tool. By putting in the ref point you are telling the software you are not doing such a thing. You don't have anything tied to the NC code or a post and since it is not kinematic aware it can only take what you give it and make the determination it is to say there might be a problem here. Agree not a real problem, but where sometimes we have help the software along. Once I did that and ran the verify and machine simulation that issue went away.

BTW nice work and process flow to machine that part. I think maybe 10 people will even bother to read this topic and not sure how many even bother to download your file. Great example of how to make a part in one setup on a dovetail. You defined all your holders, labeled all your operations and defined your levels. I would strongly suggest looking at Viewsheets to help you improve your programming time. I fought them for years and now when I open a file with more than one operation and don't see one I am lost. They are a huge time saver and help you in the long run.

Not sure if you are doing it, but I would make your OP2 jig fit on your 28mm Dovetail and then you can keep the same setup if you're limited to one machine without having to tear down the setup. I would then make a copy of your level 100 and position it in place and then you are fully defined through your setups.

Thank you for sharing the file and I will be using it for teaching others methods and ways to machine parts. You shared it on the forum so it has been archived in my Part Library. :respect:

Hi dear friend,

Thank you very much for kind and very helpful answer. Really, problem resolved so simple, thank you very much! 

Many thanks for all suggestions, I will take note of them.

Best regards,

Sincerely,

Michael.

31 minutes ago, AHarrison1 said:

I tried but it would not let me open it in 2022. I don't know if that counts as 'not bothering' or not...🤐

Hi,

Thanks thanks for trying to help, thanks to crazy^millman the problem is solved.

Have good day.

1 hour ago, Flycut said:

I didn't look at first because I did not think I could help but now Millman has piqued my curiosity.

I might learn something.

I have well over 300 files downloaded from the forum over the years. Helps to learn things from others, but helps me stay sharp on Mastercam helping others. Also nice to see how others do things as a sanity check am I doing things correctly. Can I do thing better or different to improve my abilities?

22 minutes ago, Flycut said:

Should I be able to open it with MC 2020?

Nope it is a 2021 file so need at least that version to open it. I open all z2g or zip files with Winzip and work with them that way. I never use the Z2g process through Mastercam. I only care to see the Mastercam file.

2 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

I can open it in 2022 with no issues. Unzip the file and go to the correct folder and shouldn't have any issue opening the file.

• Like 2