Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Regarding Gview plane for 3+2 & Auto-3+2 operations

Shiva.aero

Hello everyone!

As everyone knows, we can create/set planes from the current view in graphics using Gview option, to create 3+2 / Auto 3+2 operations.

When we create the plane from view, it may be roatated around in any/all the axes. 

If the rotation of the view consists of an axis, which my machine doesn't support, then how does MC calculates the angle when I used that plane for 3+2 milling operations? For example, if my view consists of rotation around x-axis (that is A angle), but my machine is B-C configuration, then what orientation is considered by the MC for generating toolpath?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Shiva.aero said:

Hello everyone!

As everyone knows, we can create/set planes from the current view in graphics using Gview option, to create 3+2 / Auto 3+2 operations.

When we create the plane from view, it may be roatated around in any/all the axes. 

If the rotation of the view consists of an axis, which my machine doesn't support, then how does MC calculates the angle when I used that plane for 3+2 milling operations? For example, if my view consists of rotation around x-axis (that is A angle), but my machine is B-C configuration, then what orientation is considered by the MC for generating toolpath?

Thank you!

Hi,

Machine definition and post processor must be properly configurated and must be match to your machine and then all works perfect.

Good luck.

On 7/21/2021 at 1:40 AM, Shiva.aero said:

Hello everyone!

Thank you!

Take yourr Gview defined Toolplane and use Dynamic edit to rotate it about the Z axis so that the X and Y conform to the machine's kinematics

You can do this from the Planes Manager by right clicking the tool plane and selecting edit

• Like 1