Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2022 Tool manager

So not a Guru

18 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

I like some of the new functions in the tool manager...but why can't we add from the active tools frame to the database frame now??

I used this function almost daily. Am I now forced to create my tools twice, once on the fly in my program, then once again in the stand alone manager?

I'm not sure what you are referring to Zeke, can you elaborate a bit on this? Maybe post up a picture?

59 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

See how the arrow "to" the library is greyed out?336190121_TOOLMGR.thumb.PNG.82cbbe6ffd6c88bc8be8774879c0a610.PNG

For some reason, you can only do this with Tool Assemblies.

Click on the "Assemblies" tab in the Tool Library Display, and the "Copy to Library" button will turn back on.

Now, if you want to save "only the tool" or "only the holder", then Right-Click on the Tool, and choose "Save assemblies to library".

This brings up a Function Panel, with radio buttons for:

> Assembly

> Tool

> Holder

So you can still save individual components if needed, but only "assemblies" with the [Copy Tools Down Arrow] Button.

Right-Click_Save-Tool-Assembly.PNG

Save_Tool-Component-to-Library.PNG

• Like 1
7 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Well, that seems a little convoluted, but it works, so I'm a happy camper.

Thanks @Colin Gilchrist

I think the reasoning is this: Assemblies belong to the Tool Assemblies panel. Try this: create "just a tool", without a holder. Then see if you can use the copy to Library button to the 'Tools panel'.

It would be nice if we had the three separate panels for the 'part tools'. Currently: if you have a Tool Assembly, you have to use the 'save tool Assemblies' option to save separate components. 

7 hours ago, David Colin said:

It looks like So not a guru screenshot is showing a tool without an holder attached. Moreover, library tools tab is selected. 

It should be nice and logic in that case to save tool only in library using arrow button. 

That's how it always was until 2022. But there are a few other enhancements that are pretty nice.

4 hours ago, rchipper said:

Such as?

I can't remember all of them, I'm pretty sure there were at least 3 or 4 things that I liked & a couple others that I felt 'meh' about.

I'm out of contact with my 2022 seat until I get out of quarantine, but I know that being able to right click cut/copy/paste, in the various fields, was one of them. I haven't had the chance yet to spend a lot of time with it and of course now it'll be a couple of weeks until I get another chance.

• Thanks 1
On 7/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, So not a Guru said:

I can't remember all of them, I'm pretty sure there were at least 3 or 4 things that I liked & a couple others that I felt 'meh' about.

I'm out of contact with my 2022 seat until I get out of quarantine, but I know that being able to right click cut/copy/paste, in the various fields, was one of them. I haven't had the chance yet to spend a lot of time with it and of course now it'll be a couple of weeks until I get another chance.

Thanks for the reply.

Bummer on the lock down. Hope you make it through alright.