Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex i400 smooth x

Mcam Nut

We are upgrading one of our hasps for this machine, my question is should we get the mill turn option or will we be fine with 5ax addon?  We already have mill level 3 and lathe on this seat.  The machine does not have a lower turret

Mill turn would give you simulation and easier manipulation of wait codes, it also makes all the 2d/3d toolpaths easier to setup since you do not have to deal with planes as much in MT and you have a setup page in each toolpath where you choose orientation of the tool and cut type (like C-axis face milling, or Y-axis cross milling, etc.) so it makes it much easier to program each and every part. But if you already have a working post processor for the machine and already know how to setup planes for 2d and 3d operations and are making good parts with your current post then adding multi-axis might be a better choice if you need those types of toolpaths and simultaneous machining ops for your parts. if you don't already have a working post and if you are not already used to the setup of planes for a MT machine in a lathe environment then MT may be the best choice since you will be able to create the operations more easily as far as planes are concerned and easier to see what's going to happen with things like adding wait codes, turret parks, etc. more easily and then being able to fully simulate. 

those are my opinions, i hope this helps

maybe see if your reseller is able to let you evaluate the two products together if your really not sure and want to be certain on what to move forward with

• 1 month later...