Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Follow boundry with tip size not body dia?

danatoem

So I wrote that post in kinda a rush! I am using just 2-d contour on a boundry pass, using 2021. I typically run into this when programing an electrode that requires overburn.  So if the chamf mill is .01 tip  dia. + 45 degs, and I am using .01 overburn it wants to follow the body size?

32 minutes ago, danatoem said:

I am using just 2-d contour

This will always use the tool cutting diameter.

The only time the tip comes into paly is when you select 2D chamfer from the drop down.

However it is only using it to calculate the offset for the given chamfer and tip overhang (offset in the field). What is the finished geometry you want to achieve for the overburn requirement?

If its just an edge break you can use 2D chamfer.

so I am familiar with the 2d chamfer from the drop down and use it often.  I use it for chamfs on holes ect.    I am wondering about just a pocket (flat bottom) that has side walls with chamfs. on an electrode. So the trode  will  need the over burn per/side.

I guess I can play around with the 2-d chamf. drop down for that as well.? In any case it was just a question I have wondered about for awhile.!

3 minutes ago, danatoem said:

I am wondering about just a pocket (flat bottom) that has side walls with chamfs. on an electrode. So the trode  will  need the over burn per/side.

So you want to machine a pocket, in the electrode you just machined, using the tip diameter to define the pocket floor profile with a chamfered wall out to the electrode top surface?

If so you will have to cheat somehow.