Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is it possible to output the setup sheet fields to post

Is it possible to use the fields that are in the setup sheet GUI to output via the post? I am wanting to put them in the headed of my machine program. 

I have scoured my post files I have gotten when I took the class our reseller did for us a couple of years back and haven't found where the field names might be.

Thanks in advance

Added a picture to clarify if anyone needed it

Screenshot 2021-08-12 104420.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/12/2021 at 8:19 AM, ibbyfufkin said:

Is it possible to use the fields that are in the setup sheet GUI to output via the post? I am wanting to put them in the headed of my machine program. 

I have scoured my post files I have gotten when I took the class our reseller did for us a couple of years back and haven't found where the field names might be.

Thanks in advance

I have tried like the way you've done it and it ended up with I have to type every single time with a different part number, job, etc...  However, there is a way to make it AUTOMATICALLY of which pulling the data from SOURCE.  Here how I made it work as below.

PRORAM NAME AS "NC FILE"

MACHINE GROUP COMMENT AS "CUSTOMER NAME"

SOURCE FILE AS "PART NUMBER"

I have been working on this templates several years (15 minutes per day) and now this is finally completed as really want.  I think it may take you up to six months to if you have your own layout and design it through ACTIVE REPORT.

Capture.thumb.PNG.ff17a2066eb499dcd4fd790da336f7a2.PNG

1 hour ago, SLuong said:

I have tried like the way you've done it and it ended up with I have to type every single time with a different part number, job, etc...  However, there is a way to make it AUTOMATICALLY of which pulling the data from SOURCE.  Here how I made it work as below.

PRORAM NAME AS "NC FILE"

MACHINE GROUP COMMENT AS "CUSTOMER NAME"

SOURCE FILE AS "PART NUMBER"

I have been working on this templates several years (15 minutes per day) and now this is finally completed as really want.  I think it may take you up to six months to if you have your own layout and design it through ACTIVE REPORT.

Capture.thumb.PNG.ff17a2066eb499dcd4fd790da336f7a2.PNG

Thank you for the response. I like what you have done but I wasn't wanting it to be output to a report I was wanting to output the data from that form to the post and have the post output the data to the program. I have since been working more closely with my reseller and they have developed a way to output the information that I want albeit not from that form but via one that they have created as well.  Again thanks to everyone for the help it is always great to see a community come together to help each other

On 8/12/2021 at 11:19 AM, ibbyfufkin said:

Thanks in advance

I reached out to CNC on something similar to this.  What I was requesting is that when the fields are populated, and the file is saved, that they are locked to that file.  Any time I go back to an older file, I get the wrong info.  They proposed a workaround to have a nethook use a high numbered level to store the text, and clicking on the nethook icon to pull the text into the general information fields.  This has been submitted as an enhancement request, so we may see it in a later release.