Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxis Pocket

Sam1

2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

It doesn't look like a "multiaxis" part.  I would use OpiRough to rough it out.

Waterline to finish the walls and possibly pencil to finish the rads or try Hybrid to finish it.

I have to agree. I would drill out the corners if planning on using size on size tool. I would think about copying the solid to a new level and make the corners .300 verse the .25. Machine everything and then come back with a 3/8 bull endmill with relief shank and then finish those corners and call it a day. You could finish the walls and everything with a 3/8 endmill just cannot push it that hard is all.

Yes you can swarf those walls, but the question is why would you want to? I would step down finishing that wall normal to the walls in 2D profile shape and have nice looking walls. Going to Swarf does give you a shorter tool, but to get a good finish would require 50 to 100 more passes to accomplish the same task. Why do all that extra work when it is not needed. Now if you are just wanting to know how to do it then here you go with swarf toolpath to cut it.

I added a holder and also changed the floor process to have 10 degree tilt on the holder as it gets close to the walls.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxjwv3fropziue8/5th%20Axis%20Part2.emcam?dl=0

Edited by crazy^millman
Dropbox Link added
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2