Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

any expert Heidenhain post builders tied to FPT 5 axis mills

Go to In-House Solutions or Postability. Both of these companies should have good 5-Axis Posts for Heidenhain machines.

I know there are new "Heidenhain Base Posts" available from CNC Software as well, but I'm not sure if they have a new base 5X Post for Heidenhain. I've used their new Fanuc 31iB5 Post, and it is awesome. 

CNC does have a Heidenhain 5-axis post available for Conversation.

At In-House we also have an ISO Heidenhain post, but I always direct people towards Conversational.

We have done post and machine sim for a couple of FTP machines without any issues.

You can request a quote for the post on this website, and we will get a quote sent off to your mastercam reseller.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:48 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

Go to In-House Solutions or Postability. Both of these companies should have good 5-Axis Posts for Heidenhain machines.

I know there are new "Heidenhain Base Posts" available from CNC Software as well, but I'm not sure if they have a new base 5X Post for Heidenhain. I've used their new Fanuc 31iB5 Post, and it is awesome. 

Do you edit your own multiaxis posts, Colin? Seems like a daunting task I wonder because I know you do a lot of post work and I was chatting with a shop owner recently and he said he generally just does edits directly thru Postability as his CNC programmers aren't exactly coders and 5-axis posts are extremely complex.

Basically a situation of "let the programmers program and let the coders/devs code/dev"

Just curious!

32 minutes ago, Metallic said:

Do you edit your own multiaxis posts, Colin? Seems like a daunting task I wonder because I know you do a lot of post work and I was chatting with a shop owner recently and he said he generally just does edits directly thru Postability as his CNC programmers aren't exactly coders and 5-axis posts are extremely complex.

Basically a situation of "let the programmers program and let the coders/devs code/dev"

Just curious!

I've built 5-Axis Posts, but I have really fallen in love with CAMplete lately for 5-Axis output. I get full Simulation, actual models of the real machines, and flawless NC Code. But I also get full control over the cutting and machining modes. 

For example, I can edit the NC Code, and the simulation will show the manual changes to the NC Code. The Verification isn't as complex as Vericut, but the combination of good Simulation, and great Post Processing, is hard to beat.

The costs have changed, since Autodesk bought CAMplete, so we will see how the whole ecosystem shakes out in the next year or two. 

Moduleworks has a Python based Post Processor and Simulation product which is coming out soon, so I'm curious to see where that goes as well.

And... the elephant in the room, is that Sandvik just bought CNC Software, so what is going to happen with pricing, Simulation, Post Processing, and G-code verification is anyone's guess. 

• Like 1