Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Radius into a vien P2

CNCZACK

This is my second go around with these parts that radius into a vein. I posted about this a few months back but decided to re-program it since updating our mill memory. If you look at level one that is the finished part model. level  3 is what I previously used to radius into the vein and used the extra stock  as a "check" in flowline. Seeing how its been a while since ive had to program something like this i took another go at it and deleted all of the "radius" toolpaths i had and im starting from scratch. 

I decided to try and make a new surface to work from and use that to give myself entrance room into my cut by using level 3 and laying some wireframe on it to create a new solid(level 4). Now I dont have 5 axis unlocked so when i use flowline I need to create an entrance because I can only machine one surface. So i tried using sweep to create this from my  new wireframe. It does not seem to be working out at all. I know last time someone commented with a video example but they must have removed it so I am stuck basically in the same spot. 

Long story short Im trying to use the flowline toolpath and have a single surface to machine from than multiple.

HELP..mcam

Is this what you were looking to accomplish?

image.png.cac4070da169a38c8553160883bf3744.png

HELP..mcam

First i made a cross section wireframe of the solid model, see level 11. Here i added a radius entrance, not a straight line.

Then i converted the curves too an spline. See level 12.

Next i created a revolved surface with this spline. See level 13

After this i needed to create surfaces to trim the revolved surface to stay within the vein. See level 14. Here i used to chains to create a swept surface.

In level 15 i used the revolved surface as trim set 1 en the surfaces in level 14 as trim set 2, to trim the revolved surface, by using de function trim to surface

Greetz Jan.

• Thanks 1
  • Huh? 1
20 hours ago, Werktuigbouwer said:

Is this what you were looking to accomplish?

image.png.cac4070da169a38c8553160883bf3744.png

HELP..mcam

First i made a cross section wireframe of the solid model, see level 11. Here i added a radius entrance, not a straight line.

Then i converted the curves too an spline. See level 12.

Next i created a revolved surface with this spline. See level 13

After this i needed to create surfaces to trim the revolved surface to stay within the vein. See level 14. Here i used to chains to create a swept surface.

In level 15 i used the revolved surface as trim set 1 en the surfaces in level 14 as trim set 2, to trim the revolved surface, by using de function trim to surface

Greetz Jan.

I did not think to revolve the line and the trim to for a solid i have never used before. i will try and recreate this before slapping a tp on it. thanks 

4 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Zack,

Are you doing file open with Mastercam or double clicking on the file?

Do File open, select the folder with the download. Then select the file type or All Files, then select the file.

ok lol i got it. it kept taking me to the microsoft store. i had to force it to open in mcam. 

yours in close but thats what point i kept getting to before except i wanted it as one solid surface and not two. more of a solid to radius to make the initial contact easier on the tool like 'Werktuigbouwer" made in his example. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Werktuigbouwer said:

Make sure it is a spline to revolve or you will get multiple surfaces.

How do I go about getting a spline? i projected wireframe onto the solid because it looked like thats what you did in yours, also when you created level 14 what surface function did you use? 

16 minutes ago, Werktuigbouwer said:

On the wireframe tab there is a function creatie spline from curve, it asks to select the curves. You can keep or delete the original curves.

For level 14 i used swept surfaces, note that i created the wireframe geometry from your solid, but extended it to outsider mine revolved surface.

Final question because ive got this going now. When you projected your line down over the initial solid how did you get it to lay under the vane? 

Also thank you so much for helping me out! 

• Thanks 1