Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for some new tricks

JB7280

I'm working on a part that is by far, the most complex part I've had to make.  Not much in the way of 3D surfaces, but lots of features.  I'm looking forward to it, but also a bit intimidated.  I know I see a lot of people using toolpaths like waterline or hybrid for pockets and stuff like that.  9 times out of 10 I end up using Optirough/rest, Contour, Dynamic, or Drill toolpaths.  I figured that a part like this might be a good opportunity to learn some new skills/tricks.  If anyone would be willing to check out my .mcam file, and give any suggestions they might have, I'd appreciate it!  Feel free to critique anything else I've got going on. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb9alp8wcu0w6o8/CARRIER.mcam?dl=0

17 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Seems to be a 2022 file. It is seldom a good idea to share using the latest mcam format -- I wait for at least two maintenance updates before I make the jump.

That's ok, 2022 was a great update with lots of improvements.  "No Ragrets!"  

Thanks for looking though.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

As soon as a version gets released, I load it and Uninstall the old version and move forward. I have neither the time, the resources, the drive space, nor the energy to bother with old versions of software. Whatever undocumented features appear I just deal with it. It's like life. Not everything is going to go right or as expected.

Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

As soon as a version gets released, I load it and Uninstall the old version and move forward. I have neither the time, the resources, the drive space, nor the energy to bother with old versions of software. Whatever undocumented features appear I just deal with it. It's like life. Not everything is going to go right or as expected.

Different strokes for different folks.

For me, I'm not the hold up...I've had it downloaded and ready to go from the day 2022 was released...

Boss for whatever reason, I just don't think he wants to deal with a new version as he's running out his clock to retirement...

• Like 1

Customers have different versions for a variety of reasons. I have normally 4-5 versions on my system. I try to stay on the latest release, but as of late got one customer fighting their IT department to do their jobs and keep everything updated and current. Others just have their preference so I do what is needed to earn a living and support those that provide the work to make that happen. 

• Like 3