Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Enhancement Requests

Bill Henderson

This is something that never really bothered me until MC added the holder libraries years ago.

The tool window page in operations parameters is too small and not adjustable. They give you a slide to view the entire row, but why not make it expandable?

Years ago you couldn't even adjust the size of the parameters window when it popped up. They added that feature a few years back but failed to add it to the tool window.

Many times you have the same tool description with different length holders and to remember some 30+ tool/assemblies is difficult.

Just make it expandable. Or am I just missing it?

image.thumb.png.d4692a42b26cbf637ce145ed43b79134.png

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bill Henderson said:

This is something that never really bothered me until MC added the holder libraries years ago.

The tool window page in operations parameters is too small and not adjustable. They give you a slide to view the entire row, but why not make it expandable?

Years ago you couldn't even adjust the size of the parameters window when it popped up. They added that feature a few years back but failed to add it to the tool window.

Many times you have the same tool description with different length holders and to remember some 30+ tool/assemblies is difficult.

Just make it expandable. Or am I just missing it?

image.thumb.png.d4692a42b26cbf637ce145ed43b79134.png

TBH, posting to eMastercam is not the best way to get Enhancement Requests reviewed ... only a few of us CNCer's lurk here. I don't know if the tool team comes here often.

If you post it on the mastercam forum (forum.mastercam.com) ... or email [email protected] ... you're more likely to have it reviewed by someone at CNC who can possibly make those changes.

Pete

Edited by Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc.
On 8/25/2021 at 5:37 PM, Bill Henderson said:

Or am I just missing it?

Nope. I have always disliked that design decision but haven't bothered to mention it in order to avoid being too whiny (almost all of my comments pertain to UI more or less). But now that you mentioned it. 😆

Actually I suggested a few years back that the transform op dialog should re resizable and they made it! So... maybe it's worth submitting a request for enhancement.

19 hours ago, Bill Henderson said:

I know Pete thanks. We did before I posted here. Was hoping there was something I was missing.

Funny Matt. Still in Thee Circle I see..

Matt got banned ages ago! @Rekd™

Matt is of course, still in Thee Circle!