Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

INTEGREX i-200ST

Joe777

Hello Mastercam community.

Appreciate your help.

I'm having a little problem with INTEGREX i-200ST.

I'm using an upper spindle to make an OD finishing cut on Main spindle(that takes a long time.)

Meanwhile, I want to do some OD roughing with the lower turret on the Sub.

Basically it doesn't allow me to have Main in G1 and Sub in G0. As soon as Sub reads G0 it waits for the Main to read G0 and only then G0 on the Sub is processed.

Seems like a safety feature. Anyone seen anything like that?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Joe777 said:

Appreciate your help.

I'm using an upper spindle to make an OD finishing cut on Main spindle(that takes a long time.)

Basically it doesn't allow me to have Main in G1 and Sub in G0. As soon as Sub reads G0 it waits for the Main to read G0 and only then G0 on the Sub is processed.

Thanks.

Is there a Pinch Turning Code you can use to use both at the same time to speed up the process? Are you using MT for programming?

1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Is there a Pinch Turning Code you can use to use both at the same time to speed up the process? Are you using MT for programming?

Hi Ron,

Thank you for reply:

The G-code was NOT generated by MT. We just manually moved some M-waiting codes around to allow both Main and Sub to to work Independently at the same time. Yet, the Sub is not working as intended. It does seems like both Main and Sub are synchronized. We are not doing  Pinch Turning at this time. If I understand you correctly, It's possible to Pinch Turn different turning profiles at the same time. It just happens that in our case it's on different spindles and that's why it's not working correctly?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Joe777 said:

Hi Ron,

Thank you for reply:

The G-code was NOT generated by MT. We just manually moved some M-waiting codes around to allow both Main and Sub to to work Independently at the same time. Yet, the Sub is not working as intended. It does seems like both Main and Sub are synchronized. We are not doing  Pinch Turning at this time. If I understand you correctly, It's possible to Pinch Turn different turning profiles at the same time. It just happens that in our case it's on different spindles and that's why it's not working correctly?

Thanks.

There are some safety thing on the newer machines that require some ladder logic modifications to do certain things. This seems to fall into the same arena as something I am doing. I t is milling, but I need to keep the chucks in a fixed clamped position while using them to act as a trunnion for a part. The issue is because of the normal ladder logic you have to have one spindle clamped and the other spindle un-clamped to move the W axis. We need them both to be clamped and allow movement. The only way was to spell this all out and submit it to sales to then have the ladder logic changed to support this request. I have to think something in the ladder is preventing what you are trying to accomplish and will need to reach out to North American Tech Group of Mazak to see what their take on it is. Things like this cannot be done or answered by the local group normally, but you might get a good answer reaching out to them.

No Pinch Turning is upper and lower cutting on the same spindle on the same shape to allow faster roughing of part. I have taken inserted tools and used them to face down large diameters on mill turn  and seen crazy reductions in time. Years ago on a Inconel part it was taking 2 hours to rough a face using turning tools. I took a 7 flute endmill and roughed off the same material in one minute. I took a 65 hour run time on 5 different machining centers and reduced it to less than 12 hours on a Multus Mill Turn.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:58 PM, Joe777 said:

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

This sounds more like a wait code syncing issue. We do different processes on both spindles at the same time constantly on our i-300ST including OD roughing on both spindles. Do you have wait codes on every process or tool change? Depending on the parts we may run ten processes with tool changes on the main spindle using one wait code while the sub spindle may run several processes with indexing on it's same wait code without issue.

Edit: One thing we do here is printout the main spindle code separately from the sub spindle code. This makes it easier for the operators to find the needed wait codes when restarting in the middle of a program.

Something that is running in my head is to put only the tool change and wait codes on the "main" tool change programs and add the cutting paths on separate subprograms for each tool. This could potentially save the operators time searching for wait codes when restarting in the middle of the programs. I don't know if this is achievable yet though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tim Johnson said:

This sounds more like a wait code syncing issue. We do different processes on both spindles at the same time constantly on our i-300ST including OD roughing on both spindles. Do you have wait codes on every process or tool change? Depending on the parts we may run ten processes with tool changes on the main spindle using one wait code while the sub spindle may run several processes with indexing on it's same wait code without issue.

Edit: One thing we do here is printout the main spindle code separately from the sub spindle code. This makes it easier for the operators to find the needed wait codes when restarting in the middle of a program.

Something that is running in my head is to put only the tool change and wait codes on the "main" tool change programs and add the cutting paths on separate subprograms for each tool. This could potentially save the operators time searching for wait codes when restarting in the middle of the programs. I don't know if this is achievable yet though.

Tim good point and didn't even think about wait codes.

Here is something I have done for customers to help them make setup sheets for Machinists and Operators to understand the wait codes. I have shared this with CNC Software Development and QC to have something like this come out of MT, but after 6 years nothing has come from that effort. Maybe Byte can whip something up?

image.png.2142e318b97bbc4941813a9cd9ff10bb.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
On 8/28/2021 at 9:15 AM, Tim Johnson said:

Tim, Thanks for your reply:

First of all: I have just started my journey into Mill-turn programming. The issue that I'm describing was brought to my attention by a Junior Mill-Turn programmer. I know it makes no sense. Everyone, Including Applications Manger @ Mazak, is telling me: there must be a problem with the "Wait Codes". I'm just describing an issue from some one else's words.

I'll get to the bottom of it.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:58 PM, Joe777 said:

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

You could substitute the G0 sub side to G1 with a high feed rate.