Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dprnt Custom Variable Value to Internal Card

JamesQ

Hi,

I am new to this field and need to record cutting time from Makino V33 and V56 (Professional 5 Controller) using dprnt. Currently I am working on following macro to send text to machine internal card (attachment), which is configured as FTP server to receive gcode files from PC. My plan is that since 'Internal Card' folder is shared, my PC will be able to retreat dprnt result from machines if I could get the machine to write text or variable value to this folder as .txt file.

Can I please have your advice on following questions:

1) Any way I can determine whether 'Internal Card' folder is a dataserver or flash card storage?
2) May I know the steps/code to dprnt variable value to 'Internal Card' folder? Do I need to have additional command like 'G10L52' & 'N20R4' to change channel no to 'Internal Card' folder? If yes, what channel number is required in this case.
3) As I know 'User Macro Action' has to be turned on for dprnt command to work. May I know how to turn on this parameter in my machines?

Apart from Makino with Pro 5 controller, I looking for way to have same proposal to work for other machines with controllers like Fanuc 18i-M, 18i-Mb, Mori Seiki MSX-701 and Heidenhain etc. Any advice is appreciated

Thank you.

POPEN
DPRNT[*************************]
DPRNT[Testing*Program*Started]
DPRNT[Testing*Program*Ended]
DPRNT[*************************]
PCLOS

Internal Card.PNG

Historically DATA_SV has been the FANUC title of the Dataserver. That may or many not be the case on the Pro5. I've never put my hands on one. On a PC Front End control (such as Matsuura's use of FANUC's Panel i and iHMI) "Internal Card" isn't a place, however, the PC's HDD is and it is quite possible this is where your machine is writing to. This is pure conjecture on my part but it does at least make sense.

#6019.3 (7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0) determines the file name; if .3 = 0 file will be exported as "PRNTnnnn.DAT" (the nnnn will be sequential numbers counting from 0000 to 9999) and a new file will be created each new instance of POPEN after the PCLOS. If .3 = 1it will be out out as the following; "MCR_PRNT.TXT" and will overwrite each instance.

DPRNT data will go to the active I/O Channel. Typical I/O channels are 0&1 are RS-232, 4 is CF Card Slot, 5 is Dataserver, 9 is FTP, and 17 is USB. All of these I/O channels are reliant on the devise being present on the machine. For example, if your machine does not have a Dataserver you cannot specify I/O channel 5, or if your machine does not have a USB port, you cannot specify I/O Channel 17.  Etc...

Sorry, I have no idea what "User Macro Action" is. DPRNT, POPEN, PCLOS, etc... are functions of FANUC Custom MACRO B. You must purchase this option from either FANUC or from your Machine Tool Builder/Dealer.

FANUC 18/18i/30i Custom MACRO B formatting should be similar. If you are specifying I/O channel through G10, formatting between 16/18 series and 30 series are different. You should consult the the "FANUC Series xxx-MODEL x, Series xxx-MODEL x, Series xxx-MODEL x Common to Lathe System/Machining Center System OPERATOR'S MANUAL" Cuctom MACRO B section for further clarification.

x indicates the control model and series.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • 4 months later...

1) Any way I can determine whether 'Internal Card' folder is a dataserver or flash card storage?

This is the memory card internal to the DataServer itself. If you open the cabinet and look at the DataServer, it's a little SoC with a CF Memory card stuck in it. This should be visible externally via FTP and that would be real quick and easy for you to prove out. Do it.

2) May I know the steps/code to dprnt variable value to 'Internal Card' folder? Do I need to have additional command like 'G10L52' & 'N20R4' to change channel no to 'Internal Card' folder? If yes, what channel number is required in this case.

You can DPRNT to the DataServer or to an External FTP server. The setup of both requires changing settings in multiple screens.

The code to DPRNT a value from a variable looks like this:

DPRNT[DATE=,*#3011[80]]
DPRNT[TIME=,*#3012[60]]

That will dump the current date and time, in CNC format, from the machine clock. Make sure the time on your CNC machine is set correctly. You can use these timestamps to calculate run time if you put them at the top and bottom of an operation you want to measure.

3) As I know 'User Macro Action' has to be turned on for dprnt command to work. May I know how to turn on this parameter in my machines?

There are many parameters that modify how DPRNT works. None of them are required. You have to look them up and make choices about how you want it to work. FANUC manual B-65270EN_07.pdf has all the stuff you need to know in it.

57 minutes ago, The IT Guy said:

There are many parameters that modify how DPRNT works. None of them are required. You have to look them up and make choices about how you want it to work. FANUC manual B-65270EN_07.pdf has all the stuff you need to know in it.

Negative Ghost Rider that manual refers to Servo Parameters not Communication Parameters.