Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

As the day wears on things slow down

Candicane

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that a model that you have been programming gets slower and slower to respond as the day wears on?

I really notice that after quite a few hours things just slow down..

especially when you want to analyse an entity..it can take up to 4 seconds to analyse an entity and give you information on it..

And if you are trying to analyse dynamic a certain feature on a part sometimes it wont even let you do that  ..

Running 2021 with amd 3900x..

Thnaks

9 hours ago, Candicane said:

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that a model that you have been programming gets slower and slower to respond as the day wears on?

I really notice that after quite a few hours things just slow down..

especially when you want to analyse an entity..it can take up to 4 seconds to analyse an entity and give you information on it..

And if you are trying to analyse dynamic a certain feature on a part sometimes it wont even let you do that  ..

Running 2021 with amd 3900x..

Thnaks

Yes, this started when we moved to Winduhs 10 from 7.

Yes, I've always had the slowing problem on large or complicated files.

But the behavior I'm seeing now is even on simple files. I'm just guessing here, but It seems to be related to how long the file is open. And it absolutely just started, for us, when we moved to WIN 10.

The irony for us is that we only made the move to WIN 10 because CNC had previously said that 2022 would not run on 7.🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

Yes, I've always had the slowing problem on large or complicated files.

But the behavior I'm seeing now is even on simple files. I'm just guessing here, but It seems to be related to how long the file is open. And it absolutely just started, for us, when we moved to WIN 10.

The irony for us is that we only made the move to WIN 10 because CNC had previously said that 2022 would not run on 7.🤷‍♂️

I think they stopped supporting 32 bit computers, does it still run on windows 7?

7 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

I assume this is likely a memory leak?

Could be latency due to long processes blocking the main thread, some calculation takes too long..

Ron hit on all the points about memory above..

The undo manager stores a lot of undo events in Ram, I made a request to add the ability to push silent File Repair Files using the Mastercam SDK,

of course we all use undo, but it isn't always practical as i am sure Ron can tell you.

There also was a point about Allocated memory/memory buffering in the Config for Ram, I think it should be close to 100 %.

https://mastercamforums.com/OfftopicForum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=698

I linked a similar topic from our forum if you want to read about the op's issue related to memory corruption and the buffering settings

I used to limit the number of Undo events back in the day, but quit doing it several releases ago

It might be time to start doing that again..

I have a very powerful machine and it was crawling on it's knees after a couple of hours of drafting yesterday.

Just now, gcode said:

I used to limit the number of Undo events back in the day, but quit doing it several releases ago

It might be time to start doing that again..

I have a very powerful machine and it was crawling on it's knees after a couple of hors of drafting yesterday.

These notes aren't the same ones as before, note the convert legacy buttonimage.png.9159384de9ad65c6b5672d546e6c14c7.png

the new chainable notes, maybe they are heavier or something

the sample code i have to make drafting notes with a chook makes the legacy notes, its lightning fast, I have the project around here somewhere

I think I will suggest they add a script example in future versions about the undo managers its accessible from the new netscripting as well via nethook_3, I think you can clear it without have to repair file

45 minutes ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

Wait What?

Who actually drafts in MCam? Its quite horrible at it, not even good by far.

I can see a quick print screen of a hole location or a pickup but surely It truly sucks at drafting.

Autodesk Inventor hands down for drafting. IMHO

Use what you got and if all you got is Mastercam you make due with it.

I have made some very professional looking drawings using Mastercam with Title block and other things. Creo is pretty good and Dimensioning as well.

• Like 2