Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Update Issue

G1CNC

I think the update package is looking for the original MC2022 install file and can't find it

It was in your Downloads folder

Have you moved or deleted it?

If you have, go to MC.com and download the original install, launch it and choose Repair

then run the update

• Like 3
On 9/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, gcode said:

I think the update package is looking for the original MC2022 install file and can't find it

It was in your Downloads folder

Have you moved or deleted it?

If you have, go to MC.com and download the original install, launch it and choose Repair

then run the update

That or the IT Team considered it unsafe and removed it from the computer once it was trying to be installed. I get that a lot with Norton Insight process. I had to disable it since they will consider a file with less than a certain number of users installing it as okay to install.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

When Mastercam installs, it extracts files to a user temp directory for use in the installation. (To be clear, not just the downloads folder. These are windows hidden folders such as User\appdata\Local\temp\) When installing an update patch, it goes and looks for those files in that directory. If the user account you're installing Update 1 under is a different one than the base installation was done under, and doesn't have permissions to access that temp file directory, Update 1 will be unable to get at the files it needs. Similarly, if the temp directory was wiped or files removed at some point after the original installation, or if there are permissions conflicts either during original installation or during Update installation, the Update install will likely be unable to continue and the Repair installation option will also likely not help. 

The quickest way out in these scenarios, if you can't do the install under the same user account as the original or the files are gone, would be to uninstall and reinstall the base Mastercam version, and then go and run the Update 1 patch now that the necessary files exist and you know you have the correct permissions.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Dylan,

thanks for your help (and my resellers). They had me go in and delete the registry folders for 2022, uninstall 2022, and then everything went back in fine including the first maintenance update. All I had to do was save My Mastercam 2022 and Shared Mastercam 2022 folders so I didn't lose all my customized stuff. So I don't know if it had anything to do with permissions or not, but that worked.

Scott

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, sharles said:

Hey Dylan,

thanks for your help (and my resellers). They had me go in and delete the registry folders for 2022, uninstall 2022, and then everything went back in fine including the first maintenance update. All I had to do was save My Mastercam 2022 and Shared Mastercam 2022 folders so I didn't lose all my customized stuff. So I don't know if it had anything to do with permissions or not, but that worked.

Scott

Awesome to hear they got it sorted. Sorry you ran into trouble here!

• Like 1