Sign in to follow this  
Rstewart

2022, Why are my T & C planes greyed out??

All of the sudden in the planes tab of any toolpath page, the Working coordinate system box is the only one available.  The tool plane is greyed out using Top*  and so is the construction plane Top*

This is in 2022.  I know this is a setting, just not sure how it got changed, nor where it's located??

Thanks in advance!  Kinda stuck at the moment here....

You have a plane associated the main WCS that is identical to the WCS and that is why you're getting that. Need to make sure you have the correct C and T planes for the operation. If not then should be able to just re pick them and good to go.

from what you described with toolpaths showing Top* it should be the setting shown below

1111.png

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll check in the morning.  Something is wrong though cause I went back to some stuff with multiple planes I programed weeks ago, they are jacked up too!  All the WCS are correct and labeled, but the T & C planes are Greyed out just displays TOP* and TOP*

Just to be clear this is in the toolpath dialogue planes area.

http://imgur.com/a/z2ME7HW

This is 2021 vs 2022.  Issue just started last week.    I do have my config files saved from a couple months ago, I may blow away the current ones and load them.

I blew away all my config, common, and mill folders.  Replaced with files I luckily had from about two months ago.

All Good now!

• Like 1

Same issue here. My Planes and Levels are frozen and will not let me do anything . Don't know what to do. Just started learning a month ago. The Planes tab there will not let me click anything inside of it. On any of my files. Is this a glitch or did I do something wrong? I'm following the steps given in the MC Mills Essentials Book.

2021-09-14.png