Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FILE BEGINNING/END MARKER MISSING - ALARM

Rodney714

WE DECIDE TO GET AN OLDER HAAS SL-20 LATHE, FOR 2ND OP'S AND BASICALLY TO GET US CAUGHT UP. THIS THING IS STILL USING AN ARCHAIC 3.5 FLOPPY. I'VE DONE EVERYTHING RIGHT, BUT STILL GIVES THIS ALARM WHEN TRYING TO UPLOAD TO MACHINE, CAN DOWNLOAD TO THE FLOPPY WITH NO PROBLEM. THE % IS RIGHT, I'VE TRIED SEVERAL DIFFERENT WAY WITH TITLES AND SUCH, WE USE - CODE EXPERT 19 - FOR OUR EDITOR. I'M ABOUT TO LOSE IT OVER HERE, LOL🤯

I CAN'T HAVE MY GUY MANUALLY TYPING IN THE PROGRAMS, ESPECIALLY SINCE HAAS HASN'T SWITCHED OVER TO A QWERTY KEYBOARD ON THEIR BEZELS, WTH HAAS!!

THE ALARM IS IN THE HEADING TOPIC, EXACTLY AS IT LOOKS. AND I'VE TRIED ALL YOU GUYS ARE MENTIONING, IT WORKED ONLY ONCE, AND THAT WAS THE 1ST TIME I UPLOADED TO THE MACHINE, SINCE THEN, IT WON'T. I THINK I NEED TO GET A HOLD OF THE COMPANY WE BOUGHT IT FROM, BECAUSE THERE WAS POOP TON OF PROGRAMS LOADED THAT I DELETED

I have seen this on our older Haas VM3 machines. When I see this alarm I power the machine down and power it back up and 9 times out of 10 it works again. Sometimes When the machine fails to load the drivers I have Haas come out and reinitialize the machine and then it starts working from there. Try power down and power back up, if not maybe share your posted code to see if we can find anything there by chance.