Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Facing without hitting table clamps

Extremely novice question, but either I'm not phrasing my searches right or no one has asked this:

How can I face the top of my stock while it's clamped directly to the machine table and not hit the clamps along the top and bottom edge on a 3 axis vertical mill?

I set up a wireframe rectangle but the toolpath always ends up running the facemill outside the box, am I able to tell the program to keep the tool inside the box?

Then I can build a second op to clean up the rest of the face after moving the clamps. 

I know there's ways to clamp it from the side, but the shop is still limited on tooling so I need to make due with basic table clamps. Thanks in advance!

Op 1.pdf