Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread mill on haas 4 axis

JrScott

1 hour ago, JrScott said:

Has anyone tried to use cutter comp to thread mill holes on a haas 4 axis that uses G254 for 3+1 positioning?  My post isn’t turning cutter comp on and I was wondering if it is even possible?

thanks

When you gave it a try what happened? If the machine can support it then go for it, if not then will need to go back to the post builder and ask them to put an error warning when trying to do this. In 3+1 positioning I think it should be supported since on just about every other machine when doing 3+1 or 3+2 positioning DWO type of work we see this supported with no issues.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, JrScott said:

The post would not post out a G41 at all. We are using wear comp. I sent the post back to the post builder to hopefully get it resolved. 

That is what you should have started the conversation with. Take the generic HAAS post and post code with it for a 3+2 position using WCS to force it to think it is in TOP/TOP/TOP for one of the places you are trying to make this work. Pastes that section of code into your program using the G254 or just manually add the G254 to that and see if ti runs, If it does then more proof back to the post builder to fix it.