Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Open pocket in 2020 broken overnight?

Leon82

We have 2 files that have run for a couple years now with open pocket cycles. All of a sudden mastercam is removing large sections of these paths. I thought it was Camplete at first but if I post it out thru mastercam it is missing there also.

Turning off finish passes seems to fix the issue. I never use open pockets but others do and these files are reposted for other machines all the time without issue before this.

The tool path display shows the full path

The only new thing is the computers have internet so we can move to Autodesk Camplete. Could they have updated automatically?

It's a feature not a bug. :P

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

We have 2 files that have run for a couple years now with open pocket cycles. All of a sudden mastercam is removing large sections of these paths. I thought it was Camplete at first but if I post it out thru mastercam it is missing there also.

Turning off finish passes seems to fix the issue. I never use open pockets but others do and these files are reposted for other machines all the time without issue before this.

The tool path display shows the full path

The only new thing is the computers have internet so we can move to Autodesk Camplete. Could they have updated automatically?

Revert the file back to the original, then change the stepover slightly. May not solve anything but it may rule somethig out.

No CAMplete updates since July 21st. FWIW

Mastercam doesn't update automatically, you have full control over that.  If you allow it to check for updates, it will download it in the background while you're working, then, when it's downloaded, it will pop up a box in the lower right corner of Windows (by the clock) that says something like, "A Update is available, click here to install it!" 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Mastercam doesn't update automatically, you have full control over that.  If you allow it to check for updates, it will download it in the background while you're working, then, when it's downloaded, it will pop up a box in the lower right corner of Windows (by the clock) that says something like, "A Update is available, click here to install it!" 

No, but I just witnessed an IT group move all user accounts to One Drive and completely wipe out everyone's .workspace files this week. They also hosed all their default settings and made the tmp directory part of Onedrive and started crashing Mastercam. Once we got everything back to the local workstations like they were the problems went away. Like I have said for years don't work off the cloud or a network. Work locally and then have a backup process that saves to the network daily, but I am just some crazy person with 38 years of computer experience under my belt what can I possible know. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1
5 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

No, but I just witnessed an IT group move all user accounts to One Drive and completely wipe out everyone's .workspace files this week.

IT... those :censored:  guys. They are the source of more CAD/CAM/CAE problems in this world than they can possibly even fathom. They need a :rant: and a :popo:

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Yes. I DEFINITELY need to speak my mind more. :rofl:

Speaking of speaking, is it normal on a mam 72 for the control to lock up and hang up the pallet changer if you're returning a ready pallet and reading in a program from the usb at the same time?

The program in question is the program for that particular pallet.

19 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Speaking of speaking, is it normal on a mam 72 for the control to lock up and hang up the pallet changer if you're returning a ready pallet and reading in a program from the usb at the same time?

The program in question is the program for that particular pallet.

Wait, wait, wait.... the part program you are expecting to run in the scheduler is located/mapped to the USB stick instead of the DATA_SV?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cncappsjames said:

Wait, wait, wait.... the part program you are expecting to run in the scheduler is located/mapped to the USB stick instead of the DATA_SV?

No, I made an adjustment to the program and while I was readying pallets I was importing and overwriting the program for the part.

48 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

No, I made an adjustment to the program and while I was readying pallets I was importing and overwriting the program for the part.

You probably don't want to do that. There's some things that go on in the background that you don't want to interfere with.

If it were me, I would take it out of Auto Mode for a minute. Unset the ready condition, delete the old program. Load in the new program. Assign the new program (even if the name is the same, do it, just in case), set the pallet to ready, then turn on Auto Mode again and #SendIt! :D

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

You probably don't want to do that. There's some things that go on in the background that you don't want to interfere with.

If it were me, I would take it out of Auto Mode for a minute. Unset the ready condition, delete the old program. Load in the new program. Assign the new program (even if the name is the same, do it, just in case), set the pallet to ready, then turn on Auto Mode again and #SendIt! :D

All right that sounds like a good idea