Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why can't I project to this surface? 2022

So not a Guru

32 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Shut down Mastercam and restart and it should work. I just reported a similar issue on the Official Forum.

I tried that, it didn't work.

I even shut my PC completely down, still no joy. My reseller can project it, y'all can project it, why in heaven's name can't I???

What is your Surface Projection Method set to Zeke?

If I'm set to the "default" of [View], then it projects.

If I set it to "Normal", and then enable the "Max. Distance" function (default 0.1" projection depth), then I get a warning of "No Projections Found".

But if I then "uncheck Maximum Distance", I get the projection again...

As soon as I read your Post, I thought to myself "probably the Maximum Distance option is turned on"... (Been bitten myself by that one in the past.)

Also, if you are set to "View", is your WCS, and/or Construction Plane, set to something "perpendicular to the geometry"?

I can get the Projection to fail if I change my WCS/T-Plane/C-Plane to "Front", and try to use the "View" method. (Normal will still work, without Max Depth being on, even if the Plane is Front/Right/Left/Back.

• Like 1
Just now, Colin Gilchrist said:

What is your Surface Projection Method set to Zeke?

If I'm set to the "default" of [View], then it projects.

If I set it to "Normal", and then enable the "Max. Distance" function (default 0.1" projection depth), then I get a warning of "No Projections Found".

But if I then "uncheck Maximum Distance", I get the projection again...

I'm set to defaults. I'm not getting any warnings like usual. It doesn't show the preveiw and clicking the green arrow closes the dialog, like MC thinks it's done it's job.:rant:.

It's past time to go home, I'll figure a different way to get the job done Monday. I haven't gotten too far into this program, I may just go back to 2021 for it.

19 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

That's not promising.😲

It was fixed in Mc2021 or Mc2022, I am also not seeing the issue you described,

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2021 at 11:01 AM, Dan@home said:

This happens in all versions. One day it happens, next time it doesn't. Sometimes changing planes around works.

all versions up to x9?

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

It was fixed in Mc2021 or Mc2022, I am also not seeing the issue you described

While I understand that it is working on many folks systems, it is not working on the systems of at 3 of here. My reseller is going to do a remote session with me after he gets in the office. I'll report the results back here if we discover a solution...to the "fixed" issue. :whistle:

55 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

While I understand that it is working on many folks systems, it is not working on the systems of at 3 of here. My reseller is going to do a remote session with me after he gets in the office. I'll report the results back here if we discover a solution...to the "fixed" issue. :whistle:

usually generating new configuration folders and a full reinstall is needed for undefined behavior due to corruption, since this is isolated to 3 machines, would they share a configuration?

when I say configuration I mean the entire contents of the my mastercam and shared mastercam folders, not just the one file, there are some unknown components that have given me problems, beyond the usual "suspects", workspace etc..

loading your config didn't change anything for me

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

when I say configuration I mean the entire contents of the my mastercam and shared mastercam folders, not just the one file, there are some unknown components that have given me problems, beyond the usual "suspects", workspace etc..

loading your config didn't change anything for me

Ok, give a few minutes and I'll upload them in a zip, to my dropbox.

So, after my reseller and me still couldn't get it to work. I started over, created a suface from solid, untrimmed it, reversed the normal, extended each side 2", performed project to surface with my existing geometry...and it worked just fine. :animier:

I guess Mastercam was just ready for the weekend on Friday afternoon :cheers: and gave me the finger. :no

1 minute ago, So not a Guru said:

So, after my reseller and me still couldn't get it to work. I started over, created a suface from solid, untrimmed it, reversed the normal, extended each side 2", performed project to surface with my existing geometry...and it worked just fine. :animier:

I guess Mastercam was just ready for the weekend on Friday afternoon :cheers: and gave me the finger. :no

that's good, everything loaded fine from your shared folders, we will have to chalk this one up to gremlins!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this could in some way, have to do with the Display List?

There is a separate "part of the database", which tracks visibility of entities. I wonder if the wireframe and/or surface, could be "visible on the screen", but somehow not registered correctly in the Display List, so the system doesn't "see" the correct projection?

On 10/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, Dan@home said:

This happens in all versions. One day it happens, next time it doesn't. Sometimes changing planes around works.

This is the most accurate statement in this thread. This issue has been happening since it was introduced in the software. The ONLY fix I have ever come across is to completeyly close Mastercam and re-launch it.

Carmen

• Like 1