TERRYH

2022 Not impressed

Recommended Posts

Started using 2022 last week and not impressed one bit, they separated things that did not need it, adding tons of un necessary clicks.¬† and once you select or set something it does not stay that way requiring you to have to do it over and over.................ūü§¨

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, altamontmfg said:

There are settings for that I think

You are correct. Config/Chaining Toggle "Default to last used" in the middle of the window at the top.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the chaining mode being set to last, that's how I've used MC from the beginning almost 11 years ago. I'm referring to everything else they separated and broke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

I'm referring to everything else they separated and broke. 

such as ???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why the wording needs to change on some things such as, when you right click in the operations manager in 2021 and I believe all releases before, you have the "select" function. In 2022 you still have it only they now named it "Operation  Selection". Operation Selection is more clear on it's function at a glance than "select" is alone but I'm right clicking in the operations manager. What else would I be selecting in there other than operation related things ? 

 

Also the greyed out folders drives me nuts. I understand why they did it though. If they could make the stock model always be it's own color and not grey that would help it stand out when you have stock models buried in a lot of toolpaths. Folders were yellow and stock models were grey. They stood out nicely. Can we please change this ( not to yellow or a different shade of grey either) ?

P.S. please tell me there is setting for this somewhere. hahahah

Thank you!

why.thumb.png.2a93f70de3999785a37a46d091ac6e8a.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gcode said:

such as ???

 

Well just to name a few the first one is the selection mode you used to be able to set it at in+ at the beginning of a part and it stay until you opened a new part, now you got to re select it every freaking time you use it, added clicks. Also if you change entity attributes, you used to be able to select entities, color, or miscellaneous and it stay that way till you changed it or opened a new part, now it's reselect every time, added clicks. There are several others that there was no need to change or separate  IMO. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped updating at 2019.

but I should have stopped at 2017 for the drill point manager. 

( they ruined it in 2019 and the just left it blatantly stupid,, release after release...)

the operations manager was ruined about 15 or 18 years ago with "X"

each new version gets worse IMO.

20 years ago it was So GOOD!

lately it looks like it was coded by children.

Too bad no one checked their work.

4 hours ago, TERRYH said:

just to name a few

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

 

but I should have stopped at 2017 for the drill point manager. 

I also never liked the changes to the drill point manager..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Spotterhphc said:

I don't understand why the wording needs to change on some things such as, when you right click in the operations manager in 2021 and I believe all releases before, you have the "select" function. In 2022 you still have it only they now named it "Operation  Selection". Operation Selection is more clear on it's function at a glance than "select" is alone but I'm right clicking in the operations manager. What else would I be selecting in there other than operation related things ? 

 

Also the greyed out folders drives me nuts. I understand why they did it though. If they could make the stock model always be it's own color and not grey that would help it stand out when you have stock models buried in a lot of toolpaths. Folders were yellow and stock models were grey. They stood out nicely. Can we please change this ( not to yellow or a different shade of grey either) ?

P.S. please tell me there is setting for this somewhere. hahahah

Thank you!

why.thumb.png.2a93f70de3999785a37a46d091ac6e8a.png

When using stock models I'll just create a separate group with the specific title for the model i.e. "OPTI RGH STOCK".. That tends to help in isolating it for me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now having issues with the 3D High Speed (Area rest roughing) not working properly, in comparing my settings in 2019 everything seems to be the same. and even at that they moved stuff from one page to another.¬†ūü§¨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to make this stay as you set it and not change after one use, it's driving me nuts. In 2019 once you set it to in+ it stayed that way for the entire session, now you set it use it to do something and it goes back, I am doing lettering on a mold where my supervisor likes us to do each one individually to help get rid of so many scallops and I got to set it for every damn toolpath.¬†ūü§¨

in+.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, Spotterhphc said:

Also the greyed out folders drives me nuts. I understand why they did it though.

Why is this? It seems to be on older programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe they did it so the toolpath you have selected stands out. Earlier releases was just a little checkmark inside the folder. This new change does help isolate what you are selected on. Like anything, I will get used to it.

It was set up in the past that when there were inactive machine groups with toolpaths in them, that they would be grey. Start working inside that machine group and they come back to color. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TERRYH said:

Is there a way to make this stay as you set it and not change after one use, it's driving me nuts. In 2019 once you set it to in+ it stayed that way for the entire session, now you set it use it to do something and it goes back, I am doing lettering on a mold where my supervisor likes us to do each one individually to help get rid of so many scallops and I got to set it for every damn toolpath.¬†ūü§¨

in+.png

I messed with this a bit and got some odd behavior.  Looks like chaining defaults for last used are not sticking for selection mode. As pointed out earlier in the thread, you can turn the last used option off, then force the selection type to In+. However, once I did this I tried to revert to last used, the selection setting of In+ still stuck every time I created a toolpath. So, had to turn last used off again, set selection back to In, then turn last used back on.

Seems selection type, even though its tied under the last used option, is not really using this feature. You should forward to QC to see if they can get a fix started.

Snag_35df8fa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mwearne said:

I messed with this a bit and got some odd behavior.  Looks like chaining defaults for last used are not sticking for selection mode. As pointed out earlier in the thread, you can turn the last used option off, then force the selection type to In+. However, once I did this I tried to revert to last used, the selection setting of In+ still stuck every time I created a toolpath. So, had to turn last used off again, set selection back to In, then turn last used back on.

Seems selection type, even though its tied under the last used option, is not really using this feature. You should forward to QC to see if they can get a fix started.

Snag_35df8fa.png

Shouldn't you want the selection method to be "Window" if you're wanting In+?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mwearne said:

I messed with this a bit and got some odd behavior.  Looks like chaining defaults for last used are not sticking for selection mode. As pointed out earlier in the thread, you can turn the last used option off, then force the selection type to In+. However, once I did this I tried to revert to last used, the selection setting of In+ still stuck every time I created a toolpath. So, had to turn last used off again, set selection back to In, then turn last used back on.

Seems selection type, even though its tied under the last used option, is not really using this feature. You should forward to QC to see if they can get a fix started.

Snag_35df8fa.png

This is behaving as it should for me. I too did some playing around to see if it would break but it did not.

I dont see what fix QC could start for an issue that does not seem to be consistent between users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mwearne said:

I messed with this a bit and got some odd behavior.  Looks like chaining defaults for last used are not sticking for selection mode. As pointed out earlier in the thread, you can turn the last used option off, then force the selection type to In+. However, once I did this I tried to revert to last used, the selection setting of In+ still stuck every time I created a toolpath. So, had to turn last used off again, set selection back to In, then turn last used back on.

Seems selection type, even though its tied under the last used option, is not really using this feature. You should forward to QC to see if they can get a fix started.

Snag_35df8fa.png

 

you have got your config file saved in a one drive folder

that can cause all sorts of trouble.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gcode said:

 

you have got your config file saved in a one drive folder

that can cause all sorts of trouble.

I have witnessed this first hand in the last few weeks. Constant issues and problems for a customer that was running like a clock, IT moved everything 3 weeks ago to Onedrive for the user accounts and nothing but issues and inconsistent problems. Crashing and losing the Mastercam license. Verify not working correctly and this is 2020, 2021 and 2022 users. Before that happened everyone was really happy. Now they are not happy, but they know their IT created the issue not Mastercam Software. I have to wonder how many IT run places create so many problems for Software that get blamed when all along it is the IT policies and groups really creating the havoc.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Shouldn't you want the selection method to be "Window" if you're wanting In+?

I guess if you wanted to default to that method. Not effecting the issue from what I see though. The selection method changes once you launch into the chaining manager, doesn't matter what method is chosen.

2 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

This is behaving as it should for me. I too did some playing around to see if it would break but it did not.

I dont see what fix QC could start for an issue that does not seem to be consistent between users.

I thought the same initially as I was only doing general geometry selection. When you step this into a toolpath selection, thats where the issues comes up. 

43 minutes ago, gcode said:

 

you have got your config file saved in a one drive folder

that can cause all sorts of trouble.

No issues here. The file is still local. I've used this method for many releases with no problems. Maybe if you were forcing the file to be online only you might have issues? 
Just to confirm, I saved a config file to my C drive. Same result with this selection not sticking and issue when toggling use last. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us