TERRYH

2022 Not impressed

2 minutes ago, mwearne said:

Just to confirm, I saved a config file to my C drive. Same result with this selection not sticking and issue when toggling use last. 

change your screen color or something simple

close then reopen, just to confirm that config changes are actually being saved.

32 minutes ago, gcode said:

change your screen color or something simple

close then reopen, just to confirm that config changes are actually being saved.

All my config files work as they should, cloud based or not. 

Can you not duplicate the issue when window chaining geometry for a toolpath? 

...decided to try and break the onedrive config, it will not. Even if I force the file to be cloud based, as soon as its accessed its brought back local. Anyone having issues with files on cloud, its not due to OneDrive and the config file. Something else, maybe, but its not that specific combo.

I have all my Mastercam user files in OneDrive and have 0 issues. Embrace the cloud!! lol Its not a dark scary place.

(my setup may be unique to others which may be resulting in my successful use of the cloud)

1 hour ago, mwearne said:

lol Its not a dark scary place.

No such thing as a cloud….it is someone else’s computer…..😂😬😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Having spent a week in 2022 now, I guess I'd give it mixed reviews. Some things I find more helpful and intuitive. The stock models definitely process much more quickly. And yet other things they've broken and now I have to do more work than in 2019. In the end our reseller told me a few years ago that they didn't have to support us more than 3 versions back, and so, at least, I have yet to find any 'fatal flaws' in 2022 like I did in 2020 and 2021 which kept us from moving up. One day I dream that CNC Software will come out with a new version WITHOUT ANY NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES, but simply fixing everything that has gotten broken over the years, that many of us on this forum have complained about. I do think 2022 has addressed a few of those issues, finally, but not enough of them.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 6:49 AM, crazy^millman said:

I have to wonder how many IT run places create so many problems for Software that get blamed when all along it is the IT policies and groups really creating the havoc.

I agree 100%, Ron

• Like 1

Yesterday I did a set of 4 small similar parts that had bottom and top work and I wanted to use the same tooling on all 4 so after the first one I just imported all the toolpaths like I've done for years and it worked as it should no issues. BUT this morning it's a different story, started a second set of 4 did the first went to import stuff for the 2nd one and the operations were out of order I had bottom mill, bottom drill top mill and top drill, when I imported they were reversed was top mill, top drill, bottom mill, bottom drill.  Not sure what has changed between yesterday and today. But I went ahead and imported the bottom operations and they came in correct, then I did the top so they would be in correct order, and they came in ok and it looked correct, but when I hit save it crashed MC after it restarted I did it again and same results it crashed. To make it work I had to import it in being out of order and then rearrange the operations to be correct. Not sure WTH is going on but man really regretting moving away from 2019......

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2021 at 11:36 AM, mwearne said:

I messed with this a bit and got some odd behavior.  Looks like chaining defaults for last used are not sticking for selection mode. As pointed out earlier in the thread, you can turn the last used option off, then force the selection type to In+. However, once I did this I tried to revert to last used, the selection setting of In+ still stuck every time I created a toolpath. So, had to turn last used off again, set selection back to In, then turn last used back on.

I had a similar problem, this was how I fixed it as well. .  👍

9 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

Yesterday I did a set of 4 small similar parts that had bottom and top work and I wanted to use the same tooling on all 4 so after the first one I just imported all the toolpaths like I've done for years and it worked as it should no issues. BUT this morning it's a different story, started a second set of 4 did the first went to import stuff for the 2nd one and the operations were out of order I had bottom mill, bottom drill top mill and top drill, when I imported they were reversed was top mill, top drill, bottom mill, bottom drill.  Not sure what has changed between yesterday and today. But I went ahead and imported the bottom operations and they came in correct, then I did the top so they would be in correct order, and they came in ok and it looked correct, but when I hit save it crashed MC after it restarted I did it again and same results it crashed. To make it work I had to import it in being out of order and then rearrange the operations to be correct. Not sure WTH is going on but man really regretting moving away from 2019......

are you using multiple groups?

there is an issue when importing from multiple groups with operations out of sequence...

https://forum.mastercam.com/Topic42483.aspx#43381

Yes I have 4 groups like I said a bottom mill and drill and a top mill and drill. but like I said I used it 3 times yesterday with no issues. and then this morning it's messed up. and like my thread title says 2022 not impressed. 

43 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

Yes I have 4 groups like I said a bottom mill and drill and a top mill and drill. but like I said I used it 3 times yesterday with no issues. and then this morning it's messed up. and like my thread title says 2022 not impressed. 

Yeah, the performance is inconsistent, sometimes they import out of order.

You could try running this macro for importing all the operations from a file using netscripting.dll included with mastercam 2022 . I attached it as a text file as well.

I haven't had any issues importing this way..

//#r"C:/Program Files/Mastercam 2022/Mastercam/NETHook3_0.dll"
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Globalization;
using System.IO;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
//get the active machine group
var activeGroup = Mastercam.Support.GroupManager.GetActiveMachineGroup();

if (activeGroup == null)
{
    activeGroup = Mastercam.Support.GroupManager.NewGroup(Mastercam.Support.MachineDefManager.GetCurrentMachineType());
}
[StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential, CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
public class OpenFileName
{
    public int structSize = 0;

public IntPtr dlgOwner = IntPtr.Zero;

public IntPtr instance = IntPtr.Zero;

public String filter = null;

public String customFilter = null;

public int maxCustFilter = 0;

public int filterIndex = 0;

public String file = null;

public int maxFile = 0;

public String fileTitle = null;

public int maxFileTitle = 0;

public String initialDir = null;

public String title = null;

public int flags = 0;

public short fileOffset = 0;

public short fileExtension = 0;

public String defExt = null;

public IntPtr custData = IntPtr.Zero;

public IntPtr hook = IntPtr.Zero;

public String templateName = null;

public IntPtr reservedPtr = IntPtr.Zero;

public int reservedInt = 0;

public int flagsEx = 0;
}

public class LibWrap
{
    [DllImport("Comdlg32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
    public static extern bool GetOpenFileName([In, Out] OpenFileName ofn);
}

if (activeGroup != null)
{
    //instantiate the open file dialog class

OpenFileName ofn = new OpenFileName();

//default parameters

//allocate memory
    ofn.structSize = Marshal.SizeOf(ofn);
    //set more params
    ofn.file = new String(new char[256]);
    //set more params
    ofn.maxFile = ofn.file.Length;
    //set more params
    ofn.fileTitle = new String(new char[64]);
    //set more params
    ofn.maxFileTitle = ofn.fileTitle.Length;

//user defined popup window title
    ofn.title = "Select a mastercam file to import";
    //starting directory
    ofn.initialDir = Mastercam.IO.SettingsManager.SharedDirectory;
    //file extension
    ofn.defExt = "mcam";
    //Set the file extension filter
    ofn.filter = "Mcam files\0*.mcam";
    //stlfile path container
    var mcamFilePath = String.Empty;
    //open the file
    if (LibWrap.GetOpenFileName(ofn))
    {
        mcamFilePath = ofn.file;
    }
    if(mcamFilePath != null)
    {
        if (mcamFilePath != String.Empty)
        {
            if (System.IO.File.Exists(mcamFilePath))
            {
                Mastercam.Operations.OperationsManager.ImportOptions importSettings = new Mastercam.Operations.OperationsManager.ImportOptions();
                //Gets a value indicating whether the feeds and speed should be calculated.
                importSettings.CalcFeedsAndSpeed = false;
                importSettings.CaseSensitiveNameMatch = false;
                //Gets a value indicating whether the name match on the Operation Name is case sensitive or not.
                importSettings.DisableDuplicateToolCheck = true;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether or not to check to see if a "matching" tool already exists in the part file and if found use it.
                importSettings.FilePath = mcamFilePath;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether any associated geometry will also be imported with the operation.
                importSettings.ImportOperationGeometry = false;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether any groups be imported with the operation.
                importSettings.ImportOperationGroups = true;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether any associated operation (toolpath) groups will also be imported with the operation.
                importSettings.OperationID = 0;
                //Gets or sets the operation ID of the operation to import (if not importing "by name").
                importSettings.OperationName = "";
                //Gets or sets the name of the operation to import (if OperationID = 0).
                importSettings.SetOpViewsToCurrentSystemViews = false;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether the imported operation will have its views reset to the current system view on import.
                var operations = Mastercam.Operations.OperationsManager.ImportAllOperations(importSettings);
            }
        }
    }
}

Net-Scripting.png.dba4ad1d36ca3b1223dbf3dbf8fe0c28.png

590644412_runNet-Scripting.png.a390dea91f45dc25da94df60b94c1122.png

Dialog.thumb.png.06f4b2c3f0e112014cf98e97efb47bd5.png

1154819070_importedops.png.917d2d70cff9fb477c56c1d1930b98d6.png

Import All Ops From File.csx

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Yeah, the performance is inconsistent, sometimes they import out of order.

You could try running this macro for importing all the operations from a file using netscripting.dll included with mastercam 2022 . I attached it as a text file as well.

I haven't had any issues importing this way..

//#r"C:/Program Files/Mastercam 2022/Mastercam/NETHook3_0.dll"
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Globalization;
using System.IO;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
//get the active machine group
var activeGroup = Mastercam.Support.GroupManager.GetActiveMachineGroup();

if (activeGroup == null)
{
    activeGroup = Mastercam.Support.GroupManager.NewGroup(Mastercam.Support.MachineDefManager.GetCurrentMachineType());
}
[StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential, CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
public class OpenFileName
{
    public int structSize = 0;

public IntPtr dlgOwner = IntPtr.Zero;

public IntPtr instance = IntPtr.Zero;

public String filter = null;

public String customFilter = null;

public int maxCustFilter = 0;

public int filterIndex = 0;

public String file = null;

public int maxFile = 0;

public String fileTitle = null;

public int maxFileTitle = 0;

public String initialDir = null;

public String title = null;

public int flags = 0;

public short fileOffset = 0;

public short fileExtension = 0;

public String defExt = null;

public IntPtr custData = IntPtr.Zero;

public IntPtr hook = IntPtr.Zero;

public String templateName = null;

public IntPtr reservedPtr = IntPtr.Zero;

public int reservedInt = 0;

public int flagsEx = 0;
}

public class LibWrap
{
    [DllImport("Comdlg32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
    public static extern bool GetOpenFileName([In, Out] OpenFileName ofn);
}

if (activeGroup != null)
{
    //instantiate the open file dialog class

OpenFileName ofn = new OpenFileName();

//default parameters

//allocate memory
    ofn.structSize = Marshal.SizeOf(ofn);
    //set more params
    ofn.file = new String(new char[256]);
    //set more params
    ofn.maxFile = ofn.file.Length;
    //set more params
    ofn.fileTitle = new String(new char[64]);
    //set more params
    ofn.maxFileTitle = ofn.fileTitle.Length;

//user defined popup window title
    ofn.title = "Select a mastercam file to import";
    //starting directory
    ofn.initialDir = Mastercam.IO.SettingsManager.SharedDirectory;
    //file extension
    ofn.defExt = "mcam";
    //Set the file extension filter
    ofn.filter = "Mcam files\0*.mcam";
    //stlfile path container
    var mcamFilePath = String.Empty;
    //open the file
    if (LibWrap.GetOpenFileName(ofn))
    {
        mcamFilePath = ofn.file;
    }
    if(mcamFilePath != null)
    {
        if (mcamFilePath != String.Empty)
        {
            if (System.IO.File.Exists(mcamFilePath))
            {
                Mastercam.Operations.OperationsManager.ImportOptions importSettings = new Mastercam.Operations.OperationsManager.ImportOptions();
                importSettings.CalcFeedsAndSpeed = false;
                importSettings.CaseSensitiveNameMatch = false;
                //Gets a value indicating whether the name match on the Operation Name is case sensitive or not.
                importSettings.DisableDuplicateToolCheck = true;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether or not to check to see if a "matching" tool already exists in the part file and if found use it.
                importSettings.FilePath = mcamFilePath;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether any associated geometry will also be imported with the operation.
                importSettings.ImportOperationGeometry = false;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether any groups be imported with the operation.
                importSettings.ImportOperationGroups = true;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether any associated operation (toolpath) groups will also be imported with the operation.
                importSettings.OperationID = 0;
                //Gets or sets the operation ID of the operation to import (if not importing "by name").
                importSettings.OperationName = "";
                //Gets or sets the name of the operation to import (if OperationID = 0).
                importSettings.SetOpViewsToCurrentSystemViews = false;
                //Gets or sets a value indicating whether the imported operation will have its views reset to the current system view on import.
                var operations = Mastercam.Operations.OperationsManager.ImportAllOperations(importSettings);
            }
        }
    }
}

Net-Scripting.png.dba4ad1d36ca3b1223dbf3dbf8fe0c28.png

590644412_runNet-Scripting.png.a390dea91f45dc25da94df60b94c1122.png

Dialog.thumb.png.06f4b2c3f0e112014cf98e97efb47bd5.png

1154819070_importedops.png.917d2d70cff9fb477c56c1d1930b98d6.png

Import All Ops From File.csx

Peter the CSX has this at the start and the code above doesn't.

Does that matter?

1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Peter the CSX has this at the start and the code above doesn't.

Does that matter?

It must be a formatting thing, no the above line won't do anything, you can follow the code from the post to a t,

the file just has the same code copy pasted inside .

• Like 1

I like it better than 2021 but I agree that 19 was pretty solid. 2020 and 2021 were a challenge, but going from 2021 to 2022 I find it much better, yes they changed some things that I haven't wanted to get used to yet, but that's how it goes.

It doesn't bother me at all to get used to new things but when stuff is broke, don't work and more clicks are added, on top of this now not working properly or inconsistently is just a pain in the azz. 

59 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

It doesn't bother me at all to get used to new things but when stuff is broke, don't work and more clicks are added,

Absolutely!  agree  and when previous innovative conveniences are ignored and thrown out it becomes retarded .

like if u want to change depth at point on an individual point of a drill set... it used to carry forward the actual setting in the field for u to modify. Now it comes up with a fat zero to help u out! same goes in many places. 

once the point was modified it used to grey the depth field to show that something was modified... now there is no evidence.

I could run a fricking class on how things are worse now and how not to screw up a program ... I'd have material for a year easy.

Fish in a barrel.