Jump to content

Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2022 Not impressed


TERRYH
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek - Conventus said:

3mm to 3/8" high feed cutters works fine for me, defined as a bull.  Scale of part makes a big difference I'm sure.  I'm fitting 98 parts in a 8" x 9" x .125" sheet on a vacuum fixture.

Some of my parts are the size of cars

This one is microwave oven sized

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone been having issues with it seeming to build up huge amounts of cache to where it gets painfully slow to the point of a restart is required ever 3-4 hours. I run the RAM saver all the time have for years out of habit and that does not seem to matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

There was a topic on the Mastercam forum about a memory leak by Ron. 

We think the memory leak is on the mfc side of things, possibly to do with the ribbon.

It progressively becomes slower over time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I've just had something new happen to me,

I pull in an old mcx-6 file , that be running fine for year now..

thought I'd up grade it to 2022, and all my tools change to 2 out of holder in edit tool page

but  in toolpath operation, at holder stated the correct  out of holder from mcx-6.

Anybody else run in to this?

example:

2036150698_Image1.png.edb0b4aac57d9bfdd13b245a7e7d4339.png605984905_Image2.thumb.png.54d693a3b092f5c524bdf61805e87b93.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RonC. said:

So I've just had something new happen to me,

I pull in an old mcx-6 file , that be running fine for year now..

thought I'd up grade it to 2022, and all my tools change to 2 out of holder in edit tool page

but  in toolpath operation, at holder stated the correct  out of holder from mcx-6.

Anybody else run in to this?

example:

2036150698_Image1.png.edb0b4aac57d9bfdd13b245a7e7d4339.png605984905_Image2.thumb.png.54d693a3b092f5c524bdf61805e87b93.png

I would try converting to 2017 then 2022 at least, that is a big jump in versions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RonC. said:

So I've just had something new happen to me,

I pull in an old mcx-6 file , that be running fine for year now..

thought I'd up grade it to 2022, and all my tools change to 2 out of holder in edit tool page

but  in toolpath operation, at holder stated the correct  out of holder from mcx-6.

Anybody else run in to this?

example:

2036150698_Image1.png.edb0b4aac57d9bfdd13b245a7e7d4339.png605984905_Image2.thumb.png.54d693a3b092f5c524bdf61805e87b93.png

That looks like they fixed a defect in the software that allowed the programmer to extend a tool greater than the length of the tool itself that I complained about. Your tool is only 2.0 long then it should only be able to stick out of the holder in all reality 1.0 since you should be holding on to at least 2XD in a shrink, but even them allowing nothing to hold on to sticking out of the holder if the tool overall length is shorter than the stick out then that should take control. Problem we ran into back in X6 was some interfaces would freak out having that gap when sending tools to CAV. I know I complained about that being allowed so sorry my asking them to fix that issue creates a problem now, but glad they don't allow tools to stick out of the holder longer than they really are.

Not trying to fanboi the issue just giving you my take on what i remember from that version.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

That looks like they fixed a defect in the software that allowed the programmer to extend a tool greater than the length of the tool itself that I complained about. Your tool is only 2.0 long then it should only be able to stick out of the holder in all reality 1.0 since you should be holding on to at least 2XD in a shrink, but even them allowing nothing to hold on to sticking out of the holder if the tool overall length is shorter than the stick out then that should take control. Problem we ran into back in X6 was some interfaces would freak out having that gap when sending tools to CAV. I know I complained about that being allowed so sorry my asking them to fix that issue creates a problem now, but glad they don't allow tools to stick out of the holder longer than they really are.

Not trying to fanboi the issue just giving you my take on what i remember from that version.

No problem Ron like I said before, all my tools came in a 2 weather they was  .75 out of holder or 3.40 out of holder

in tool page edit, but in operation holder page it was the correct length it was in mcx-6,

I just thought I see both page the same number if tool page said 2 then holder page should say 2..imp

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RonC. said:

So I've just had something new happen to me,

I pull in an old mcx-6 file , that be running fine for year now..

thought I'd up grade it to 2022, and all my tools change to 2 out of holder in edit tool page

but  in toolpath operation, at holder stated the correct  out of holder from mcx-6.

Anybody else run in to this?

example:

2036150698_Image1.png.edb0b4aac57d9bfdd13b245a7e7d4339.png605984905_Image2.thumb.png.54d693a3b092f5c524bdf61805e87b93.png

I just checked and opened an old mx5 file, does the same in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Those are the only versions I have on this computer.

 

tool.thumb.jpg.e9f6f9d280e6e04d9185840700158496.jpgHolder.thumb.jpg.5f5d293618f48dc107cbcdd03bb402d3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just had another issue that got past me and out to the machines I was doing 7 small datum pins all under 1.5" square with a hole through the center with a c'bore and a small relieved pocket on top. I programed the first one and imported operations for the rest so one set of tools was used on all 7 parts. T3 on the bottom operation was a 1/2" endmill and it was used again on the top when it was flipped to finish. well T3 on the bottom posted zero/zero on the speeds and feeds same tool  T3 on the top had the correct S/F from the library, and since it did it on the first one I programmed it followed through all 7 parts. Not sure what or why this happened. In trying to figure it out I clicked on the parameters for that 1/2" endmill and it showed 0/0 for S/F and if I clicked on any other tools in the list a "tool settings modified" window popped up and all tools then showed 0/0 BUT if I clicked parameters on any other tool and then clicked through the tool list everyone was correct S/F including the 1/2" ???

datum.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sorry about your luck on that. like I said 2019 seems useable., 2017 better yet... etc.

we r looking at sw cam. now... to get away from the backslide.

3 hours ago, TERRYH said:

"tool settings modified" window popped up and all tools then showed 0/0 BUT if I clicked parameters on any other tool and then clicked through the tool list everyone was correct S/F including the 1/2" ???

with my 20 years at MC. I don't have time to get that good at SW. so I am stuck too. 

Fumble on man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have 3 dedicated programmers here using MC one for probably 15+ years myself 11+ and the other 7-8 I think so it's not like any of us are new, our methods may not be the same as other shops but I would venture to guess everyone has 500 ways to do the same thing. it just gets very aggravating dealing with this stuff.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes we do have a choice, but our senior guy has told us in the past that we have to stay current within 3 versions or we lose our MC support from our reseller, however in an email from them this past week we will still have support no matter what version we use, so not sure where he got is info from and he is on vacation till tomorrow so will ask when he returns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TERRYH said:

Yes we do have a choice, but our senior guy has told us in the past that we have to stay current within 3 versions or we lose our MC support from our reseller, however in an email from them this past week we will still have support no matter what version we use, so not sure where he got is info from and he is on vacation till tomorrow so will ask when he returns. 

you can use whatever version you want, they may not have someone that knows the version you use for help

we have one computer that uses ver 7 (not X7) just for engraving

Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 2:59 PM, AHarrison1 said:

Not to sound facetious or anything, but do you not have a choice as to what version you can use.

I use 2022 when helping out the router/5 axis dept because they use it but I prefer using and still use 2020 for my own stuff.

Is there a problem with wanting the current version to work correctly? Why would I want to use multiple versions? They don't even fix problems with 1 version behind the current one.

There are just to many things now that are user unfriendly in this version I don't think I am going to continue to use this.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gms1 said:

Is there a problem with wanting the current version to work correctly? Why would I want to use multiple versions? They don't even fix problems with 1 version behind the current one.

There are just to many things now that are user unfriendly in this version I don't think I am going to continue to use this.

One big reason I'm still on X9.  I know how to use it, and my workflow and habits are already dialed in to work around the bugs.  If I were staying current I'd have to relearn and re-figure workarounds all the time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fred @ Slate Industries said:

Im impressed enough to pay maintenance for another go round.

Yes...I've been working on an inconel hogout using 2022

It was a pretty straight forward project that went smoothly and yielded good results

Similar jobs in earlier releases were long drawnout battles

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 2019 and all previous versions when using a 3D mouse I was able to set the speed and what I wanted to do in the mouse settings and it worked fine in both MC and in verify and our machine simulators all worked the same setting it once. In 2022 set it and it works fine in MC in both verify and machine simulator it's like it is turbo charged and totally ignores my mouse settings. Is there individual settings for this that was added or yet something else we just have to deal with? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

In 2019 and all previous versions when using a 3D mouse I was able to set the speed and what I wanted to do in the mouse settings and it worked fine in both MC and in verify and our machine simulators all worked the same setting it once. In 2022 set it and it works fine in MC in both verify and machine simulator it's like it is turbo charged and totally ignores my mouse settings. Is there individual settings for this that was added or yet something else we just have to deal with? 

I sent this one along to have the Simulation team take a peek at. If you have any other information on the specific 3D mouse and driver you're using, I'll pass that along as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us

×