Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Vericut Interface

Metallic

Hey guys

I am having trouble with teh Mastercam to Vericut interface, which is causing headaches. Our IT can't figure it out, and Vericut can't figure it out. Either way, the interface ain't playing nice.

Is there any way to import Mastercam tooling data into Vericut manually, so that I don't need to build out a tool library in Vericut. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks as always.

2 minutes ago, Metallic said:

Hey guys

I am having trouble with teh Mastercam to Vericut interface, which is causing headaches. Our IT can't figure it out, and Vericut can't figure it out. Either way, the interface ain't playing nice.

Is there any way to import Mastercam tooling data into Vericut manually, so that I don't need to build out a tool library in Vericut. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks as always.

You can export all the holders and tools to levels and then export as a dxf then use the dxf to build the tools in Vericut, but going to be some work. I use the interface all the time and not had issues. What specifically are you running into? 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, crazy^millman said:

You can export all the holders and tools to levels and then export as a dxf then use the dxf to build the tools in Vericut, but going to be some work. I use the interface all the time and not had issues. What specifically are you running into? 

Basically when you try to run the interface, nothing happens. Initially it was throwing an error about the location of some system variables. We set the LSHOST variables correctly and now it does absolutely nothing when you click "run"

It only happened when I moved from 2022 Mcam and Vericut 9.2. Clicking that interface run does nothign!

image.png

Also on the backend IT side, they moved to a new server situation which I claim caused the issue. Of course IT geniuses say that is simply impossible even though it was working before.

How about the CGTECH_INSTALL and GCTECH_PRODUCTS values? Where they pointed to the local system or to the network? LSHOST is best set through the Vericut Utilities Specify License server Name. The IT people should be able to ping that location using a command prompt from your workstation. If they cannot ping that specific location then you are 100% correct it is an IT issue plain and simple.

There is the Sentinel License Admin tool that will help IT sort out the Defined server location also. Has anyone run it?

I have a local server so all I can access shows with no issue, but the defined servers will show IT that your workstation can see the server to access the license. If this is not accessing the server correctly then this will create an issue.

Edited by crazy^millman
Pictures removed to add space
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

How about the CGTEXH_INSTALL and GCTECH_PRODUCTS values? Where they pointed to the local system or to the network? LSHOST is best set through the Vericut Utilities Specify License server Name. The IT people should be able to ping that location using a command prompt from your workstation. If they cannot ping that specific location then you are 100% correct it is an IT issue plain and simple.

image.png.6358a3be4867da00a558e36d498a8751.png

There is the Sentinel License Admin tool that will help IT sort out the Defined server location also. Has anyone run it?

image.png.9e19327e972b276a8e19d394b12719b4.png

I have a local server so all I can access shows with no issue, but the defined servers will show IT that your workstation can see the server to access the license. If this is not accessing the server correctly then this will create an issue.

image.png.bcd1a6e01526f53d8e82d2630fa053d1.png

Theyre taking a look at it now. I forgot to mention (pretty importantly) that Vericut does work on its own, it is merely the Mastercam interface causing issue.

1 hour ago, Metallic said:

Theyre taking a look at it now. I forgot to mention (pretty importantly) that Vericut does work on its own, it is merely the Mastercam interface causing issue.

I would then suspect the chooks folder inside the Mastercam 2022 folder needs to be given full permissions. I tell all IT people give the Mastercam folder in program files full rights. They normally freak out thinking they are giving everything away when they are only giving the folder full permission to run like it should.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, savagkd said:

I've had the same type of problems with the interface due to permissions in C:\Program Files.  My solution was to install MC and Vericut it their respective folders in C:\.  Problems went away.

Easier way is just give the correct permissions for the Folder inside of program files.

image.thumb.png.6b213a7b7e710fe526f989171e75d1a9.pngimage.png.e3c55af0708c971f7f4ffc1002892e80.png

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, savagkd said:

Wish I could.  IT has it locked down.  I'd have to have them change the permissions.

Yes ignorance of most IT people is thinking they are giving away the farm doing such a thing. It is only for a folder for a program to run it best not the end of the world and not full permissions to the complete system or the internal network inside of the company.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, crazy^millman said:

Easier way is just give the correct permissions for the Folder inside of program files. I do have Administrator privileges so it shouldn't be an issue

image.thumb.png.6b213a7b7e710fe526f989171e75d1a9.pngimage.png.e3c55af0708c971f7f4ffc1002892e80.png

THanks, I will check this out today.

Either way they finally got tired of listening to my complaining about how TF is this now broken...need it for my workflow...etc so finally IT will be actually investigating instead of just throwing their arms up and saying "we have no idea". Thanks, me neither!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, crazy^millman said:

Yes ignorance of most IT people is thinking they are giving away the farm doing such a thing. It is only for a folder for a program to run it best not the end of the world and not full permissions to the complete system or the internal network inside of the company.

We finally got around to fixing this....something regarding something something something that I don;t know.

Doesn't matter, the thing finally actually works.

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
On 10/28/2021 at 3:15 PM, Metallic said:

We finally got around to fixing this....something regarding something something something that I don;t know.

Doesn't matter, the thing finally actually work

I' having that same issue.  Licensing is configured correctly, but keep getting the LSHOST is not set right.  I'm using both Mastercam AND Esprit and I get the same with both.  Are there any specifics you can tell me so as to make my argument with IT a bit more collaborative than combative??

2 hours ago, JRH said:
 I' having that same issue.  Licensing is configured correctly, but keep getting the LSHOST is not set right.  I'm using both Mastercam AND Esprit and I get the same with both.  Are there any specifics you can tell me so as to make my argument with IT a bit more collaborative than combative??

Is the license local to your computer or on a server?

• 6 months later...
15 minutes ago, Max B said:

Hi, I am having the same issues even after setting the Mastercam 2022 folder with full control it still won't launch nothing pops up when I click the Vericut button. We are using Vericut 9.3.1 

Call CGTech, their technical support is second to none.