Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Probing often krasch during regenerate

Tegheim83

Are we the only ones having continous problem that Cimco Probing is krasching when regenerate?

Once you have a probe-op that works, it's dangerous to change anything inside.

Only thing to do is to save before regen, and maybe even restart mastercam to avoid it.
But have you used Mastercam for a while, and try to regen, it often krasch and want a krasch-report.

Think I have filled in them 20 times at least, and contacted support, but nothing.
Have had Cimco-krasch minimum 20 times just at this specific part, but many more during 2020-2022 of Mastercam.

• 1 month later...

If you want.
Download this Mcam-file, try to edit the TCH PROBE-operation.

Try to add one of the hole to measure and re generate.
Please tell me if it works at first try.

Yes, I can easy make a new one, but thats not the point.
The point is that this OP krasches when edit.

I use the latest Mastercam 2022, up to date.
Up to date Cimco-probing, and all Windows 10-updates.

210901810.mcam

1 minute ago, Chally72 said:

Have you sent these files in to CIMCO directly? What was their response? No one but CIMCO has the ability to address any issues with this add-in.

Yes, I have both AME and Cimco on this.
But as it looked like I, or we, was the only one with this issue I wanted to reach out to see if there's others who have had same, but didn't report it.

Cimco said that they never heard on anyone having so many crasches. But when I sent this file to AME today, their Mastercam 2022 crashed also. So, it wasn't just me...

Only today I have restarted Mastercam nine (9) times because crash during CIMCO.

Just now, Chally72 said:

It sounds like you have a solidly repeatable use case that CIMCO should be able to take action on.

This is the first file that keeps crashing even after a restart though.
That have been an issue, that if I try to edit, and regenerate a CIMCO-op it crashes, and MC restarts.
After restart it works without other differences.
Often, when I have worked on big files several hours, I restart MC if I need to regenerate a CIMCO-op.
Also spamming the save-button have saved long term working.

Have tried the repair-file sometimes to "clear cache". Can't tell if it have helped sometimes.

3 hours ago, Tegheim83 said:

This is the first file that keeps crashing even after a restart though.
That have been an issue, that if I try to edit, and regenerate a CIMCO-op it crashes, and MC restarts.
After restart it works without other differences.
Often, when I have worked on big files several hours, I restart MC if I need to regenerate a CIMCO-op.
Also spamming the save-button have saved long term working.

Have tried the repair-file sometimes to "clear cache". Can't tell if it have helped sometimes.

Old School Trick make sure the Mastercam 2022 Folder in Program files has full read write permissions for the user account. These pictures are for 2021, but the same process can be used for 2022. Administrator in any Windows computer past Windows 7 is not full admin rights. To have them you must do this process. IT people who don't want to do this are ignorant as to what this does and allows the software running have access to. With 3rd party software like CIMCO having to go in and out of different areas of the OS these little things like this make all the difference in the world.

image.thumb.png.6b213a7b7e710fe526f989171e75d1a9.pngimage.png.e3c55af0708c971f7f4ffc1002892e80.png

• Like 1
14 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Old School Trick make sure the Mastercam 2022 Folder in Program files has full read write permissions for the user account. These pictures are for 2021, but the same process can be used for 2022. Administrator in any Windows computer past Windows 7 is not full admin rights. To have them you must do this process. IT people who don't want to do this are ignorant as to what this does and allows the software running have access to. With 3rd party software like CIMCO having to go in and out of different areas of the OS these little things like this make all the difference in the world.

image.thumb.png.6b213a7b7e710fe526f989171e75d1a9.pngimage.png.e3c55af0708c971f7f4ffc1002892e80.png

Will try this for a while.
It wasn't checked in "Full Control" and "Modify".

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 12/3/2021 at 3:16 AM, Tegheim83 said:

Will try this for a while.
It wasn't checked in "Full Control" and "Modify".

Tegheim, are you still running into issues with CIMCO Probing and it crashing your system? When opening up your file I see that it shows up as 0.0K for the toolpath size and wont let me open the operation. If you are still having issues, please try downloading the latest version ( https://mastercam.dk/getprobing ) and email me if you are still having issues. [email protected]

CIMCO Crash.jpg

5 hours ago, Ryan Mermall said:

Tegheim, are you still running into issues with CIMCO Probing and it crashing your system? When opening up your file I see that it shows up as 0.0K for the toolpath size and wont let me open the operation. If you are still having issues, please try downloading the latest version ( https://mastercam.dk/getprobing ) and email me if you are still having issues. [email protected]

CIMCO Crash.jpg

Ryan, yes, it's no difference.
Have had same trouble through the 70 latest Cimco Updates (since ~feb 2020).

This is my lastest.

2022-02-11 Starting a new probing cycle.
2022-02-11 Editing a old probing cycle.
2022-02-17 Editing a probing cycle, just changing "move to clearance" on/off.
2022-02-23 Added a new model chamfer, and a cimco probe-op crasched…
2022-02-23 Without any reason the TCH PROBE-op went dirty, and when recalc, it crashed. Wasn't even at that part of the program.
2022-03-22 Changed some in a Model Chamfer-op, and my TCH PROBE-operations went red. When regen, it crashed.
2022-03-22 Since last crash, I rebooted the computer, and still can't regen my TCH PROBE-operations. They went red when editing a Model Chamfer. Had nothing to do with the TCH PROBE...
2022-03-23 Imported a operation 3D HST from another file. Crashed.
2022-03-23 Same. Imported a 3D HST-operation and it crashed.
2022-03-24 Crashed when exited MasterCam
2022-04-08 Opened a new file, made a new OP with Cimco, and it crashed when it was generated.
2022-04-09 Mastercam krasched AFTER I closed the software.
2022-04-09 Mastercam krasched AFTER I closed the software, again.
2022-04-10 Mastercam krasched AFTER I closed the software, again.
2022-04-12 Edited a newly made TCH PROBE-Operation. When recalculated, MasterCam crashed.
2022-04-24 Crached after I closed the software.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, Ryan Mermall said:

Hi Tegheim83, I have sent you a DM & email a few weeks ago regarding this but havnt heard anything back yet. If you are still having troubles or need anything from us, please feel free to reach out as we will be happy to help! [email protected]

Sorry Ryan,

I have answered your email now.
The eMastercam-mails are thrown in my spambox for some reason.

Should for the thread say that after the v22.4.11.362-update from Cimco I havn't had any issues yet.

First update in 70 updates over the two past years that works for me :-)

Hope it will continue with that!