Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can you save tools into a machine definition?

Leon82

No, but you can link to a tool library from a machine definition so it will always use that one when it is called.

You control that here:

image.png.9daba4d185cfff3ea283c16405a4fc4a.png

I always teach our customers to take the mill_inch tool and add them to the holder library for the machine. The link to the holder library here. Now you will never need to go pick the holder every time you're programming for a part for that machine definition. We cannot still pick a holder library here so by combining them into one .tooldb you get everything you need and done. Saves hours in a week not having to go pick the holders.

Here is the old big_inch tools from X7 days for 2022. I have been updating it along and along for each version.

Big_Inch.tooldb for 2022

Big_Inch.tooldb for 2018

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

So they are there whenever you use it in a machine group.

2 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Thanks, we have ours linked with the holders named already.

I could probably make a template mastercam file with the tools already selected

I can show you how to create a listener to do this with your native mastercam, only with 2022,what kind of tool do you want to make?

7 hours ago, Leon82 said:

A probe and possibly 4 dovetail program tools that would be stored in the matrix tool changer permanently

hmm, ok thanks, I'll work on it as time permits. No promises! 👍