Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Model Chamfer 2021

Candicane

11 hours ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

Just throwing this out there.  We program all our chamfer tools to a sharp point. 

Untitled.thumb.png.b192a9efa4115a2cb2fa5c6409295776.png

I do not think that is a good suggestion for others though, tools should be defined accurately, I don't know if your saying that all the chamfer mills you buy go down to a .001" point but if you define the chamfer mill properly and use the toolpath properly everything works perfectly, and comes out correctly first try without having to comp the chamfer mill in any way. If your defining your tool incorrectly your going to have a not so fun time out at the machine trying to get the correct results.  

• Like 1
On 10/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, Candicane said:

Ive just tried model chamfer 2021...

if i have 0 set for chamfer width it looks as though it cuts ok but obviously the chamfer width is zero..

If i change chamfer width to say 0.2 mm or whatever it doesnt generate a toolpath at all.

I must be missing something..

I broke the chains into individual chains (pic 1)  and then added avoidance faces(orange in pic 2) which are the top and 'pocket walls, the walls are probably not needed, then it generated. It cannot do the full loop because the top surface is in the way. I did this in 2022 as i don't have 2021 loaded so i haven't included your file

image.png.e5e115246ee5e12a1a185b437c54e4f4.png

image.png.d72a7b5e737d2af6fc7e8a636d74aed4.png

Edited by AHarrison1
Re-wording
  • Thanks 1