Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suggest me a book that is about Self development.

imran98k

Hey guys,
I hope you are well. Recently I'm not having any peace with my daily work life. And I found out that, I need to develop. I need to increase my compensation level and be more serious. And I know that reading and learning will definitely help me. But I' don't read books often. That's why I don't know much about popular books.
But I love to read storybooks.
So, if you know a book that can help me to develop and at the same time it will entertain me, then please suggest me.

1 hour ago, imran98k said:
Hey guys,
I hope you are well. Recently I'm not having any peace with my daily work life. And I found out that, I need to develop. I need to increase my compensation level and be more serious. And I know that reading and learning will definitely help me. But I' don't read books often. That's why I don't know much about popular books.
But I love to read storybooks.
So, if you know a book that can help me to develop and at the same time it will entertain me, then please suggest me.

"Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy", by Wayne R. Moore.

Gives you the history of measurement, and how the Moore Company built the most accurate machines in the world, from 1940-1975.

Their Jig Bore and Jig Mill machines are still sought-after, for machining parts to millionths of an inch accuracy.

There are lots of pictures, and the story that Wayne weaves into the pages is quite compelling. (At least, it was for me.)

If you want to grow your knowledge of how to measure and make precision parts; this is the book to do it.

"CNC Programming using Fanuc Macro B", by S.K. Sinha.

Another book that gives you great insight into how any Fanuc-controlled machine functions "under the hood", and shows you how to become a true master of writing NC Code in your programs.

Each book, is worth far more than its own weight in gold. The information contained in each one is priceless. However, it only becomes so if you actually learn what they are teaching. That motivation has to come from you. If you want your work-life to get better, and to earn a higher salary; then you've got to invest in your own education. It won't all be fun. It won't all be enjoyable, but the harder you push yourself to learn; the bigger the rewards you will reap in life.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
34 minutes ago, Compaq007 said:

Another useful resource is eaprentice.net. At least it was for me. 

I learned about MP postprocessing language. 

Not sure if they are still in business anymore. But it was an enlightening course and it made me more confident at my job.

Glad you got value out of my courses. I was the guy teaching those classes, and Derek was hosting the website. 

We officially shut down about a year ago, but I've rehosted many of my old class videos on YouTube for free. There is a link in my signature...

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3
On 10/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

Glad you got value out of my courses. I was the guy teaching those classes, and Derek was hosting the website. 

We officially shut down about a year ago, but I've rehosted many of my old class videos on YouTube for free. There is a link in my signature...

Very noble of you.  🙏thank you

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

I also love "Foundation of Mechanical Accuracy", by Wayne R. Moore. (www.mooretool.com)

So I recently purchased this book directly from Moore tool and I cant thank you enough for recommending it to me on a similar post a while back. Its as if its itching a scratch that I've been reaching at for years. I'm not even half way through it and have been able to reference it in regards to helping others at work on multiple occasions. As someone that started their career doing everything "the old school way" (manual lathe / mill) I think it should be a prerequisite read for those entering the trade today. 

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Jespertech said:

So I recently purchased this book directly from Moore tool and I cant thank you enough for recommending it to me on a similar post a while back. Its as if its itching a scratch that I've been reaching at for years. I'm not even half way through it and have been able to reference it in regards to helping others at work on multiple occasions. As someone that started their career doing everything "the old school way" (manual lathe / mill) I think it should be a prerequisite read for those entering the trade today. 

I'm so glad you like it and have found ways to apply the knowledge it contains! Seriously, that makes me so happy to hear.

I had a similar reaction of feeling like "there was something missing in my manufacturing knowledge (the itch inside your head), and this book is like a "giant back scratcher", but it's able to reach inside your skull.

As I've mentioned in other threads: this book is worth many times its own weight in gold.

If I remember correctly: I have the late Tim Markoski to thank for recommending this book to me in the first place.

If you're browsing Emastercam up in heaven, I just want to say thank you Tim, and I'll always keep paying it forward.

• Like 2