Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plane Creation for 5th axis Indexing

parallax7761@comcast.net

Hi guys I have this part with compound angles on the outside profile. I first tried 5 axis curve but am having some stuttering issues. So while I get those worked out with support I had created a work around method of just indexing to each unique angle. However I found it dificult to square the planes correctly for the radii on the outside profile. In the end I just ended up doing it by hand until the wireframes lined up and created a plane from G view. I tried using dynamic plane creation but the radius was always skewed. How would you go about making a plane to cut a radius that is at a compound angle?

497344947_dynamicplane.thumb.png.676e776346fac2cae72753e0a7548761.png

12 minutes ago, Slepydremr said:

Sorry it's called plane by entity normal. I use it often, just forgot what it's actually called.

It is in all the previous versions I can think of. Not sure when it was added.

Using the create line normal to point then you will get a perfect line to use for this process.

image.png.fd46e284eca8e9b118678b9824e41a04.png

image.png.efc58ef5465e5bdf11ac2fd24e29fb96.png

image.png.2d9da0cd4b9e0129ca875118aa3e3553.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

By dragging out a dynamic plane, briefly throwing it down somewhere on the screen, and then clicking on the arrowhead of an axis, you can also reorient the plane vector along any line or edge you hover over. No need to create a plane from one of the plane creation dropdown choices to get that ability.

• Like 3