Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Automatic Chaining regions issue

Metallic

17 hours ago, Metallic said:

Hi...

I am having this issue wherein Automatic Chaining regions will not work no matter what the geometry looks like or anything like that. Shown below is an example of the error I receive whenever I choose "preview chains"

Any ideas about this?

image.png

Iirc the issue is caused when a closed air region and a closed machining region overlap, the toolpath doesn't work.

If you use the convert button next to automatic region, you can see the different chains used and more easily see the issue.

Its a bug that badly needs to be addressed.

Not really anything to do with automatic regions..

2 hours ago, Metallic said:

For sure, there was another part I was doing that was "stay inside" so I will try messing around with it more.

Thanks

Yeah,  this should be fixed down the line, i would just do from outside with a machining region in this case. 

I have a thread on mastercam.com about the same issue, however i am having trouble logging in from cuba. I only got on once so far...

When i get back, ill add the link and the defect number here if i remember...