Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Siemens Macro Programming

53 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Maybe Heidenhein is more strict "You muzt, do it zis vay".

Yup , pretty much 😀

We sell a boat load of machines with Siemens, Heidenhain, Fanuc and Mitsubishi controls. All 5-axis stuff is pretty much exclusively Siemens/Heidenhain based though

imho For 95+% programmers it won't make a whole lot of difference....for the remaining 5 or less....the difference could be huge.

As said in one of the posts, with Siemens/Heidenhain just define a tool as right angle head in the control and you simply program it as any other tool...the control takes care of EVERYTHING else. Can't be simpler than this. And there is a crapload of little nuggets like that, Look ahead is way better, control faster, native probing super powerful....5-6 decimal points code...let the control figure out the best path and such...

Just tested Cimco probing on a  DMU with either control....align plane, align axis, find datum...almost off the shelf post and go...no renishaw inspection plus macros to load on the machine...it JUST works. Simple.

Once you learn it you don't really want to go back, but....I do love me a fanuc control too. Always look forward to training customers on a new NHX or whatever...

again...jm2c, put the flamethrowers away ;)

• Haha 3

I'll say it is pretty badass to be able to slap a first op part back in the vise, probe it back into perfect alignment with respect to all degrees of freedom, fully defined in the offsets. Then run the same full 5-axis program on it to near perfection.

Your average smartphone is probably more powerful, but the industry has come  long way in ease of use.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mkd said:

I'll say it is pretty badass to be able to slap a first op part back in the vise, probe it back into perfect alignment with respect to all degrees of freedom, fully defined in the offsets. Then run the same full 5-axis program on it to near perfection.

Your average smartphone is probably more powerful, but the industry has come  long way in ease of use.

Someone was trying to get this going about 13 years ago, but couldn't get all parties to work together. Can be currently done with Verisurf and Mastercam just requires someone to do a little bit of setup, but one dialed in is a probe and go process also.

12 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Someone was trying to get this going about 13 years ago, but couldn't get all parties to work together. Can be currently done with Verisurf and Mastercam just requires someone to do a little bit of setup, but one dialed in is a probe and go process also.

I was sorta vague with what I was saying, now I'm not 100% on what you're saying🤣

Here it is more exactly:

https://youtu.be/rYJQTo0Lowo?t=1226

starting at 20:26

works great. With proper program you can do full 5 axis after alignment.

9 hours ago, mkd said:

I was sorta vague with what I was saying, now I'm not 100% on what you're saying🤣

Here it is more exactly:

https://youtu.be/rYJQTo0Lowo?t=1226

starting at 20:26

works great. With proper program you can do full 5 axis after alignment.

I completely understood what you were saying as I was doing this 15 years ago on Integrex Machines. Easier since you have fixed axis of rotation for the 5 axis parts. Verisurf can take points probed on a machine and create an alignment process that will then spit out the needed adjustments to align a 5 axis part. I was working getting something like this moving between Verisurf and Mastercam for Boeing and it never went anywhere. I was also being vague since we see how far the Renishaw stuff got.

• Like 1

Not sure what software version/build the Renishaw stuff got squared away but support for TWP/WSEC (FANUC) is available in the latest Renishaw Software that I have. Here's the MACRO creation Wizard...

Typically your Probe Installer would set this up according to your machine's configuration. I figured out by trial and LOTS  of error learned how to set this up and get it squared away for the different types of machines we support (Table/Table and Head/Head).

image.thumb.png.1144f1bfe5236ca6b678e553302ebfb6.png

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Not sure what software version/build the Renishaw stuff got squared away but support for TWP/WSEC (FANUC) is available in the latest Renishaw Software that I have. Here's the MACRO creation Wizard...

Typically your Probe Installer would set this up according to your machine's configuration. I figured out by trial and LOTS  of error learned how to set this up and get it squared away for the different types of machines we support (Table/Table and Head/Head).

image.thumb.png.1144f1bfe5236ca6b678e553302ebfb6.png

Find any of that in the Mastercam Renishaw stuff. No where to be found.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I completely understood what you were saying as I was doing this 15 years ago on Integrex Machines. Easier since you have fixed axis of rotation for the 5 axis parts. Verisurf can take points probed on a machine and create an alignment process that will then spit out the needed adjustments to align a 5 axis part. I was working getting something like this moving between Verisurf and Mastercam for Boeing and it never went anywhere. I was also being vague since we see how far the Renishaw stuff got. 

Turbosoft has this capability but i haven't got into the weeds on it......yet.

Both Siemens and Heidy controls are able take this data and tweak the kinematic file to align to the part:blink: just because you can doesn't mean you should. More like, with a properly calculated kine file, uploaded to the control...

Lmao ...so much "ink" here

I'll just quote myself again

Funuc enthusiasts are a bunch of cultists. I call them "flat earthers". They all live on forums like this, posting some urban stories about some puny machines they program and how great they are 'cuz they can write and "IF" in an ancient and outdated language. After they do a post like this, they all gets very enthusiastic and start blowing themselves with revered comments. ...Exactly like on flat earth forums...

To the flat earth cultists I have just this to say...keep living under a big rock with your so called funuck copy cats abilities like NOT funuk  probing cycles witch are just brain dead 

Again I'll just quote myself:  840D is the most advanced and powerful controller out there. All the others controllers on the market are just copy cats. 

I'll rub your faces with that non funuk sausage next year with some REAL examples with what you can do in heidenhain and 840 when it comes to probing. and more

..james...all of your statements here are bias...because u r affiliated with matsuras...fanuc based...so..why your matsuras r PC under widows now?...I'll tell you why...because u r copcating sinumerik..stuff that was done 30y ago by other manufactures...so after 30y you are abled to integrate a simple probing cycles to your interface like was done on 840?...so basicaly you are aligned to sinumerik standards (this is a tangent to your statement that everyone should align to facuc standards..lmao..there is no fanuc standards btw) after 30y..and you keep trying to sell the idea that a funuc based machine is the best thing one can get, makes you equivalent with a sleazy car dealer who wants to sell an outdated technology ...

mkd...Heidenhain blows funuk like in a way I cannot express. Next year I'll give some REAL examples...like codes..not just barking replies like flat earthers are doing here

I will educate your flat earthers a_ses more next year with REAL examples...like real codes... (on both 840 and heidi)..not just sleazy car seller statements  stuff like other are doing in  here.

again.... funuk is a simplistic and outdated controller as is marcoB, and to all of you flat earthers outthere I wish you will experienced what Morty and I did when working on a REAL controllers(840 & heidi)..so again....watching the video below, will show you how a funuc guy will feel after working on 840 or heidi would feel..."yaah true controller biatch "

19 minutes ago, GoetzInd said:

This reads a lot like someone who's Fanuc experience is with 18i/15i. 

Mike 

x1,000,000

We're ALL biased in one way or another @Greivous . If YOU don't recognize that, YOU are the Flat Earther. One man's "best thing since sliced bread" is another man's steaming pile of bovine excrement. At least I can admit other control manufacturers strengths. You are incapable of this. You claim I am biased, you need to look in the mirror.

@GoetzInd clearly @greivous wants to live in the 80's and 90's so we should probably just let him wallow carelessly in his slop because clearly he won't recognize anything that's not Semens or Heidenhein as being worthy of anything but scorn.

Semens support in the US is dog $#!+. Change my mind.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2021 at 12:42 AM, mkd said:

I love pissing contests because their educational. Please continue.

We need to have a macro competition lol. Heidenhain automatically loses cuz it's limited even though it does have some cool features.

I'm interested in how to do the right angle head stuff on the latest fanuc and Siemens control. On heidenhein you call a external kinematic file for the right angle head from the tool table basically.

I'm pretty sure OSP loses the macro debate.

I'm not sure there is a win/loss here. All three I have seen (Siemens, FANUC, and Okuma) are very powerful but they are different. Each one has strengths and weaknesses, and truthfully, no bs... it's really going to come down to familiarity.

In the "naming" variables contest, I'd say it's a draw as long as the max variable naming option is present on the FANUC. Without the option, edge to Siemens and Okuma. That's an incredibly powerful feature IMHO.

PEMDAS... Math is math so draw IMHO.

Access to system level stuff... this is advanced stuff. From what I see, I think you need software developer level skills (think C++) to take advantage of everything possible, whereas not quite that expertise required for the Okuma or Siemens.

Lots and lots and lots of power in those controls. More than enough to do just about anything you want.

JM2CFWIW 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 7:15 PM, cncappsjames said:

In the "naming" variables contest, I'd say it's a draw as long as the max variable naming option is present on the FANUC. Without the option, edge to Siemens and Okuma. That's an incredibly powerful feature IMHO.

PEMDAS... Math is math so draw IMHO.

JM2CFWIW 

yeah depending on the #used, fanuc has Local, Common and system variables.

Heidy variable example:

Q temporary variable. Q1=3.84

QL local variable. Temporary variable true on in program it was issued. QL= 3.82

QR permanent variable, until overwritten. QR = 3.82

QS string parameter  QS = "HELLO"

then there is architecture to read string parameters as data, and functions to read and write system data.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

FANUC example

SETVN500[HELLO] (giving variable 500 a name so it doesn't need to be called by number)

#_HELLO=5.

IF[#_HELLONE70]GOTO1234 (If HELLO is not equal to 70, GOTO line 1234

ALL the FANUC System variables have variable names and variable numbers. Those names and variable numbers are in the "FANUC Series 30i-MODEL B, Series 31i-MODEL B, Series 32i-MODEL B Common to Lathe System/Machining Center System" ... because we're talking about what features controls manufactured in THIS century have... while certain others dredge up 30 years ago I reference the 30i series control manual.

It really is as simple as that.

Regarding jog with probe and measure.... TOTALLY GUI driven... just like Heid. THis one shows the Matsuura Setna dImspect. Renishaw makes it for straight FANUC controls as well. Can't speak to the other unfortunately.

image.thumb.png.cfc1afe7ec705f627092499d793e30b6.png