Sign in to follow this  
balnh

Siemens Macro Programming

Shop I work in has a Matsuura With Siemens 840 control on it. Never had the need to run any macros on it but I plan to convert some Fanuc macros to run on his machine. It’s not running in Siemens Mode so it’s just running Fanuc/Yasnac g code. I started to convert the variables from From #100 to Y_[100] format. The arithmetic and Other functions seem self explanatory. My main question is What’s the format for an address like Z#100 or X#101? If anybody can point me on the right direction I appreciate it. 

It always runs in Sinumerik mode. Yasnac gcode on top of Sinumerik is a joke...shows exactly what happens if you give a taliban a F35, they will try to plow with it.

On a short story...you can use R parameters for that. In Sinumerik works like this... X=R101 equivalent to funbuc X[#101]. If u perform calculations x=(r100+r101) equivalent to funbuc X[#100+#101]..observe you don't need to format your text with capital letters.

I suggest you read ...and I mean really read, the Sinumerik Programming manual, and especially Advanced programming manual.

Remember, you have at your fingertips a fully fledged programming language, not a kids game as fanuc macroB.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply. I have a Sinunerik manual that I downloaded but the Yaskawa/Siemens manual that came with machine doesn’t have much information in it. I do have the Yaskawa/Siemens “Supplementary explanation for Macro Porgram”. Thanks for the help and nice in the right direction.  

11 hours ago, Grievous said:

It always runs in Sinumerik mode. Yasnac gcode on top of Sinumerik is a joke...shows exactly what happens if you give a taliban a F35, they will try to plow with it.

On a short story...you can use R parameters for that. In Sinumerik works like this... X=R101 equivalent to funbuc X[#101]. If u perform calculations x=(r100+r101) equivalent to funbuc X[#100+#101]..observe you don't need to format your text with capital letters.

I suggest you read ...and I mean really read, the Sinumerik Programming manual, and especially Advanced programming manual.

Remember, you have at your fingertips a fully fledged programming language, not a kids game as fanuc macroB.

Programs in Siemens macro language IMHO can be less than half the size and complication of Fanuc and do the same function almost instantaneously.  No long processing time....

I wish Fanuc would give us the same power without having to go to integrator school...

3 hours ago, jlw™ said:

Bringing up an OLD debate... Siemens is still better than funook. 🙈🙉🙊

Long time ago, in a beautiful summer day, on a side of the road, one guy lay down a big sh_t. It looked like a Indian turban in size, with the sharp tip, and a nice brown color and good texture…and it was smelling very bad.  Lots of people passing that sh_t commented and covered their nose as they pass along.

After a while the sh_t got dried, like a crust formed on the exterior. Couple of days passed and no one complained anymore

…until…

one guy, ( jlw™was his name), passed by …poke it with a stick.... and all hell breaks loose again

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Leon82 said:

Every Siemens truck I drive by, the guy looks miserable inside.

There's a reason. He KNOWS that control is a steaming pile of bovine excrement. 😆😅🤣😂

FANUC Rules, Siemens Drools. 😜

• Haha 1