Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force head and table rotation

Adam prog

I'm working on a part that's a bit bigger than machine's travels so I must do one side in half and then turn the table by 180deg to finish the other half. I'd like to try some more efficient way especially for face roughing, something what looks like if you turn on Force head and table rotation in Simulation post settings. I presume if the part were in the right position it could stay within the travel limits. 

However I have no idea how to do it. Is it possible to do it only  with CAM or is it necessary to turn on some parameter in the control system (iTNC)?

I'll be glad for any advice

1 hour ago, Adam prog said:

I'm working on a part that's a bit bigger than machine's travels so I must do one side in half and then turn the table by 180deg to finish the other half. I'd like to try some more efficient way especially for face roughing, something what looks like if you turn on Force head and table rotation in Simulation post settings. I presume if the part were in the right position it could stay within the travel limits. 

However I have no idea how to do it. Is it possible to do it only  with CAM or is it necessary to turn on some parameter in the control system (iTNC)?

I'll be glad for any advice

With a good post this is easy. You have your main WCS set up and that should output the rotation axis Zero. Then you copy that WCS and rotate it 180 degree. Now everything you want rotated 180 degrees is using that WCS. Your post will output the rotation matrix in the code and you have a nice day.

I don't want to just rotate WCS 180 degree. I need to simultaneously control linear Y axis with rotational C axis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPM-W93TyBo

Sth like in this movie. My part is rectangle shape. I want to finish face in whole distance with Y linear axis and rotational C axis simultaneosly. The face mill should starts on some C axis angle, moving forward (Y+) together with C axis. The part should rotating during that moves and the face mill should ends on the same Y position as it starts.

I hope it's understandable. Tough to explain. 

5 hours ago, Adam prog said:

I don't want to just rotate WCS 180 degree. I need to simultaneously control linear Y axis with rotational C axis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPM-W93TyBo

Sth like in this movie. My part is rectangle shape. I want to finish face in whole distance with Y linear axis and rotational C axis simultaneosly. The face mill should starts on some C axis angle, moving forward (Y+) together with C axis. The part should rotating during that moves and the face mill should ends on the same Y position as it starts.

I hope it's understandable. Tough to explain. 

That is not what you described in your request. Like Gotez just posted use those switches and you should be good to go.

I did this in our matsuura by modifying a generic 4 axis post. But it kept posting on the right side and I needed it on the left and was I  unable to get it to do that. I ended up having to do it transform operation and I was able to hack my way through it.

Camplete offers a pretty good utility to accomplish this though

• Like 2
On 11/24/2021 at 8:04 AM, DUM1 said:

went through the same problem not too long ago UMC ROTARY CUT topic , never really did get the effect i wanted from master cam , ended up hand coding for the rotary axis cut.

Singularity is the main issue with Mastercam if using one of their base posts. Using a 3rd Party post it will come out cleanly.

• Like 1