Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Matsuura MX520

Schuero

One thing I have done for our customers is I've created a Post Processor, Machine and Control Def as well as Defaults and Default Operations package. So when the customer gets trained they get the files and along as they follow the process they get expected results every time. 

Bob, but those things are supposed to be covered in New machine training. However I've done some stuff on YouTube and no matter what... the questions get asked over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ad infinitum. No amount of easily/readily available resources can overcome people's inherent laziness or poor memory.

JM2CFWIW 

:coffee:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Bob, but those things are supposed to be covered in New machine training. However I've done some stuff on YouTube and no matter what... the questions get asked over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ad infinitum. No amount of easily/readily available resources can overcome people's inherent laziness or poor memory.

Yeah, it is unfortunate.   For our mill-turn the training lasted four days and we pretty much covered how to run the machine and barely touched on how to program for it.  We covered setting up tools, powering on the machine, etc, etc...  But the details on multiaxis machines goes on forever.  Programming for TCP, smoothing settings, Tool load setup, tool life setup, probe calibration, parts catcher, etc.  It is also really hard to retain this information without a project to apply it on and actually use it.  A well planned video series would be worth its weight in gold, at least for the shops that work at learning.  I used to take the machine manuals on camping trips and read them 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bob W. said:

Yeah, it is unfortunate.   For our mill-turn the training lasted four days and we pretty much covered how to run the machine and barely touched on how to program for it.  We covered setting up tools, powering on the machine, etc, etc...  But the details on multiaxis machines goes on forever.  Programming for TCP, smoothing settings, Tool load setup, tool life setup, probe calibration, parts catcher, etc.  It is also really hard to retain this information without a project to apply it on and actually use it.  A well planned video series would be worth its weight in gold, at least for the shops that work at learning.  I used to take the machine manuals on camping trips and read them 🙂

Well it provides a living for me so I share as much as a I can to help others, but seems for the near future I will have work doing just what I am doing.

• Like 2
On 12/6/2021 at 11:58 AM, cncappsjames said:

There's been some debate on the P vs. M for the dynamic stuff with no real definitive consensus. I'll be in a meeting with the Matsuura guys this morning. I'll ask if they have done any further testing.

James, did you get a chance to ask about P vs M for dynamic toolpaths?  

I've tried both, and they seem to do the job either way, just curious what the guys at Matsuura say.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JB7280 said:

James, did you get a chance to ask about P vs M for dynamic toolpaths?  

I've tried both, and they seem to do the job either way, just curious what the guys at Matsuura say.

Sorry... sipped my mind. I'll ask...

Edited by cncappsjames
e-mail sent...

Here's the answer.

, in my experience the “M” range is more appropriate for that style of toolpath. Accuracy isn’t usually a concern when roughing, and It seems to be smoother and faster. But as with everything related to IPC, it’s a matter of trial and error and finding what works best for you.

• Like 1