Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is their any valid alternatives to camplete?

medaq

Title says it all. I wanna start seeing if their is alternatives to this simulation software. Got some pricing from autodesk about renewals. And sad they want more for one seat, that all we will use it for is posting and simulation. But 1 seat will costs more than our 3 seats of Mastercam?

9 hours ago, medaq said:

Got some pricing from Autodesk about renewals. And sad they want more for one seat.

Are you talking about the yearly maintenance renewal?  or they want more from everyone who has an existing CAMplete Licence? I believe the yearly maintenance was $1500-2000 last year. what change?

6 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

We've got a few customers that use Vericut or NC Simul for the collision check and CAMplete for the post. No need for maintenance in that case...

James, What would people do who have Cublex? I don't think Vericut cut support those Mill-Turn. I guess we can use one VMC  for simulating the mill portion and another for the Lathe portion.

5 hours ago, kool said:

James, What would people do who have Cublex? I don't think Vericut cut support those Mill-Turn. I guess we can use one VMC  for simulating the mill portion and another for the Lathe portion.

You are incorrect Vericut and NCSIMUL both can handle these type of Mill/Turn machines with no problem. Want to put a Right Angle Head in them also supported. No matter the control they both can handle the simulation of them with Milling and Turning. Both also handle the 3D Lathe Tools out of Mastercam using each Interface that comes with both.

• Like 2

CAMplete does support the CUBLEX series machines (Siemens 840DI and FANUC controls). As far as other packages, I believe NC Simul does so I'd assume Vericut could. Just need to build the machine and controller correctly. Probably not gonna be cheap.

As far as Programming them I use Mastercam Lathe. MD/CD is a VTL with milling. This way we can do turning and milling in the same environment.

9 hours ago, kool said:

Are you talking about the yearly maintenance renewal?  or they want more from everyone who has an existing CAMplete Licence? I believe the yearly maintenance was $1500-2000 last year. what change?

If that was the number we were told, we wouldn't have too much problem with that. But we are getting near $4,000 dollars for each seat. So close to $8,000 a year just so I can simulate the program? seems a little hefty., and typical of autodesk gouging their customers. 

Legacy (Perpetual license) customers had a 1 month opportunity in April 2021 to migrate to subscription. Cost was gonna be $1850-ish (up from the $1,500-ish old perpetual pricing). After that I think the number is around $3k-ish IIRC (don't quote me :rofl: )

The reality is if you have a USB key license, you can continue to run it indefinitely until the hardware is no longer compatible. Obviously you'll miss out on plug-in updates and whatnot, but you're not totally dead in the water. Also, if you migrate to subscription, you can always revert back. You just want to make sure you have a backup of the software in case you need to revert back. I think I've figured out ways to get around the limitations. I've been using CAMplete for so long I learned the old school methods of doing things so I'm never out of options. They may not be as efficient, but I can still get work done.

I'm training a customer this week where their maintenance lapsed.. like in 2019. I was able to get them the latest release available to them (I've got software backups from MANY years and versions back) and get them up and running. It is hard because I cannot give them legacy data so I have to either be on site or remote in. But it's doable. We've always maintained that no matter what we will support whatever we can to the best of our ability. It may take a bit, but we can support stuff.

There is this... https://manusnc.com/en

11 hours ago, gcode said:

There was a lengthy thread about ICAM her a couple of weeks ago 

I can't find it now... looks like it got taken down.. :rolleyes:

Cliff Notes... expensive and treats Mastercam like 2nd hand news 

Now that they are under the same umbrella, that may have to change.