Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2013 display glitch when drawing wireframe

8 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Did you check with your reseller?

They have no idea... they asked me to update my graphic driver to the latest and it didn't work. im using a Nividia M1200 graphic card on a Dell Precision 7520 laptop. haven't experienced the same issue on other CAM software like NX12 and Powermill 2020, so i figured it might be a Mastercam glitch 

5 hours ago, muxing_wu9 said:

They have no idea... they asked me to update my graphic driver to the latest and it didn't work. im using a Nividia M1200 graphic card on a Dell Precision 7520 laptop. haven't experienced the same issue on other CAM software like NX12 and Powermill 2020, so i figured it might be a Mastercam glitch 

Wow your company has some deep pockets to have well over $200k of CAM software at it's fingertips, but still using such an old version of Mastercam. Get the maintenance current since they have such deep pockets and your problems will go away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also have the same problem. We use MasterCAM 2022 and my computer is under 2 years old, with high end GPU that was on the recommended lists for both SolidWorks and MasterCAM (I forget which GPU we chose because I am not at work, but it was one of the top ones for CAD/CAM). The weird thing is, I have only had it happen on a couple of parts, not all of them. It is incredibly frustrating when it happens. I also get a MasterCAM crash on almost every part after I import the model and choose "Machine" (doesn't matter if it mill or lathe). I have learned to save before I do this for every part.

try this 

https://kb.mastercam.com/Knowledgebase/50654/Mastercam-crashes-shortly-after-opening-a-SOLIDWORKS-file?Keywords=solidworks

Temporary workaround:

1. Close Mastercam and SOLIDWORKS if open.
  2. Right-click on the shortcut for the latest version of SOLIDWORKS installed on the system and select Properties.
  3. Make note of the installation's target path.
  4. Click Cancel to exit the Properties dialog.
  5. Using File Explorer, browse to the installation location.
  6. In that folder locate the following file: sldpropertyhandler.DLL
  7. Rename this file to: sldpropertyhandler.DLLOLD
  8. Now go ahead and open SOLIDWORKS files in Mastercam.