Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Re setting Drafting properties

Tim Sureline

1 hour ago, Seedy steve said:

That should not be posable! .

If it is a setting, then What is it good for?

why would there be a a setting like that?

SAD!

Problem is the number past the decimal it could be a scale factor that is making the value .0000500 and with only 3 places showing it looks like a Zero when is all reality because of a bad scale factor the number was made smaller than it should be. Software would be doing exactly what someone told it to do and if it didn't then someone would be coming along saying the same sad the software is not respecting my ability to scale a number by a factor I want and give me that output. Always two sides to every situation if you stop and look for it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Seedy steve said:

off topic, a bit,,

and sorry for the bashing.

When did they stop showing toolpath display thru shaded faces?

it almost caught me yesterday,

I like it better the other way where you could always see toolpaths no matter what!.

typical old me.

No worries I have my share of issue I want addressed so all good.

I would have to see a screen shot of what you a referring to with the Toolpath display to understand what you're referring to.

3 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

referring to with the Toolpath display

here there are 3 depth cuts, I can see only 1

likely this has been that way for a long time .

I am still relatively new to the last 15 years of changes.

that is why it is so obvious for me all the good stuff that has been left behind and kicked to the side.

version 9.1 is still a formidable bit of software. superior in AT LEAST as many ways as it is inferior to MC2019 and the like.

Capture2.PNG

28 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

that is why it is so obvious for me all the good stuff that has been left behind and kicked to the side.

version 9.1 is still a formidable bit of software. superior in AT LEAST as many ways as it is inferior to MC2019 and the like.

Capture2.PNG

I will normally unshade in those situations and think it has been that way for sometime.

I wouldn't even dream of doing 5 Axis work in v9.1 like i had to 20+ years ago. What you might be missing fails in comparison to what we can do and get done today verses back then in my situation. For the work you do could be a completely different situation. I am working on files that I would never been able to work with back then. Having 64bit and other things that we didn't have with the systems we had back then is no comparison. Again we all use it different and do different types of work.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Won't selecting Translucency, in the View tab, fix this?

yes it would thanks , I do forget about that setting... sometimes nice, but it gets confusing at times.

maybe I can set a hot key for it? then I would remember.

hunting and clicking with mouse gets old fast.

I miss single key menu items.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Again we all use it different and do different types of work

we build automation lines. barely need my 5th axis most of the time.

I don't miss mold work. this low stress life is good for me.

the odd big job comes. I have a 8 foot plate of aluminum coming that has a 14 page drawing! 

but no 3d work on it.

it's all the little things that used to save time and clicks that I miss.

it was innovative, built intuitive and lean.

I could pause to repair geometry in the middle of chaining for a toolpath, and then continue with out missing a beat.

oh well, those times are long gone.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Seedy steve said:

we build automation lines. barely need my 5th axis most of the time.

I don't miss mold work. this low stress life is good for me.

the odd big job comes. I have a 8 foot plate of aluminum coming that has a 14 page drawing! 

but no 3d work on it.

it's all the little things that used to save time and clicks that I miss.

it was innovative, built intuitive and lean.

I could pause to repair geometry in the middle of chaining for a toolpath, and then continue with out missing a beat.

oh well, those times are long gone.

Well those us that remember using V9.1 in the Windows 95 days are old farts. We are stuck with that is hip and cool and pleases the eyes of the younger generation. I started using computers back in the DOS days using command prompts and other things. Wife and I were talking about what we did as kids. We were out of the house from time we a had breakfast to sundown.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Seedy steve said:

Capture2.PNG

I gave this some thought and yes there is a way to accomplish this. Use Translucency from the View Ribbon or add the Translucency Icon to your QAT to and you would be able to see exactly what your asking for.

I don't use Ribbon so here it is on my QAT.

image.png.6082c1477df9a76960f85b53a0ab8f89.png

• Thanks 1